shape
carat
color
clarity

way to good to be true??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that's a fabulous price. It looks legit though. Are you in the US or Europe? It appears that this seller is in Spain so that might make me a little more hesitant. If you're interested, ask about their return policy if the ring isn't authenticated by T & CO.

And another thing. If you end up buying this, go through PayPal and use a major credit card. That way, you'll have double protection on your charge. And don't forget shipping insurance:)

ScubaStog

Rough_Rock
My fiance bought my stone on ebay and I'm so happy with it, he paid $1700 (for a loose 1.2 ct. cushion J, SI1) and my jeweler appraised for $7500 for insurance purposes- not the same as retail price necessarily, but I love the stone... so read his feedback and check him out, and if he seems legit I say go for it! Just a thought- look at loose stones, not those set and they'll give you a lot more info on the stone itself so you can shop around.

JUST LOOKED AT LINK--> NO FEEDBACK!!! Definitely would not deal with this seller, you have practically no legal recourse on ebay, especially for an overseas seller!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, interesting!

I''d think that it''s a first time seller might be evidence that it''s legit...have you corresponded with him/her and asked about the circumstances behind this sale? Is there a reason he/she is keeping it a private sale? (not revealing other bidders'' identities).

I wonder if T&Co can be contacted and asked to verify that that particular ring was sold on the date indicated in the ad.

Anyhoo, it will be interesting to watch this ad...I imagine that if it''s real, the bidding should heat up soon...

(I should say here that I''m NOT an ebay expert at all...I NEVER shop there....just guessing out loud.
1.gif
)

widget

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would never buy anything even remotely expensive from a zero feedback seller for the same reason that I wouldn't want to be a surgeons first patient. They may be an excellent doctor, but I still want a history of successful procedures. Remember, ebay doesn't sell jewelry, ebay sells advertising. You are buying from a complete stranger on the other side of the world (assuming that you're not in Spain).

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
In considering items such as this, I like to hear the story behind the sale. I have my doubts that a Tiffany solataire ring was only worn on holidays. That sounds funny to me and kind of strange. I mean, maybe a big pair of diamond drop earrings for special occasions but a ring that is most often bought as a symbol of engagement? I don't believe that story.

Also, I wouldn't buy from someone with no feedback, not that feedback seems to mean so much with ebay sellers selling jewelry lately.
20.gif

I wouldn't get your hopes up too far, with the price. There are still 2 days left and the price is sure to go up. Of course, it will definetly be cheaper than buying a brand new one.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I just noticed they only accept money orders or cashier''s checks...and when I answered above I hadn''t noticed it was an international sale.

NO WAY would I bid on this item!!

widget

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 1:07:24 PM
Author: widget
I just noticed they only accept money orders or cashier''s checks...and when I answered above I hadn''t noticed it was an international sale.

NO WAY would I bid on this item!!

widget
This is a bad sign. Vendors do this when they want to avoid a paper trail or the sale or any chance that you could get your money back from them.

his_girl

Rough_Rock
Definately fishy.
Don''t worry, I wasn''t going to bid on it. I am way too paranoid to buy something so expensive on ebay.

The other thing that sent off alarm bells was the date on one of the pictures.
On the picture of everything together, it is dated April 21, 2006.
Why would they take a pic all the way back then, only to sell it now?
Weird.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does Tiffany sell I colored diamonds?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Tiffanys sell as far as I but no further
9.gif
and only VS2 and higher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results