shape
carat
color
clarity

wax is in!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brineym

Rough_Rock

37.gif
38.gif
After taking the last 4 months to find the right stone and coming up with the setting I wanted; I finally received the wax yesterday!!!

The stones they put in are not what's going there..but helped with the look.

The center will be a 1.35 EC/IF/H color(my ec is more square than rectangular)
Sides will be 1.25 TCW princess cuts
The setting will be platinum. *very heavy*

1a.jpg
2a.jpg
3a.jpg

Will be ready to go in about 3 weeks...then I will be holding on to it until JUNE
32.gif
I am proposing in Vegas
31.gif
. Have it all set up to propose on top of the eiffel tower at Paris with a table/champagne/waiter waiting at top of the observation deck with a couple of other surprises planned. It will be hard to just keep the ring under wraps for 3 months....

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
sorry mc- I cant'' see the pics.

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
emcry.gif
OOOOOHHHHHHH I can''t seeeeeeee!!!!
emcry.gif

brineym

Rough_Rock
I''ll try to post again....I can see them though....wierd.

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
I''m dying to see pics! What a wonderful, thoughtful proposal!!!!

brineym

Rough_Rock
Can you see the pics now? If not, any tips on what I can do or what I''m doing wrong?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mci- as for attaching pics..are you hitting the attach file button when you respond to the post? The pictures needs to be on your HD and under 100KB. You also need to give it a unique name.

brineym

Rough_Rock
mcwax1a.jpg
hopefully....a pic.

mcwax1a.jpg

brineym

Rough_Rock
another...

mcwax2.jpg

brineym

Rough_Rock
last one...

mcwax3.jpg

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
That is going to look incredible..what a rock too! I would have a hard time waiting til June, but the proposal sounds perfect! Congratulations!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I like the design of this ring.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
What a great design! Is there going to be a wedding band to match or is this going to be a stand alone ring? It''s heavy enough that I think you could go either way, with or without a wedding band. Post pictures of the finished ring so we can all see
9.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Did she help you design the ring?
Not to be blunt but, the reason I ask is because it is indeed quite a heavy setting that some women might find it uncomfortable. Has she tried on something similar?

Scintillating...

brineym

Rough_Rock
The weight was a concern for comfort to me also (not to mention a price concern...
6.gif
). My GF does not wear rings at all...so anything she wears will be uncomfortable...but when she does look at rings they seem to always be on the heavier side. I have shown the design and wax to a few of her friends and they all seem to think it will suit her.

I just wanted to do my own thing and have it a little different than most...I hope by now that I can gauge some of her likes/dislikes.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
MC1
I like heavier settings. My wedding ring (which, like you, my husband designed) and my soon to be completed 3 stone ring are considered heavy by most women''s standards. When I got my wedding ring I thought the weight of the ring made it feel more "substantial" and more "secure". Also, for some reason, when I was younger, I associated a heavier setting with a more expensive and well made ring. As I became more educated in jewelry, I realized that the weight of the ring is irrelevant, the goldsmiths workmanship and your stone setting is much more important. It looks like you''ve got good craftsmanship behind your design and the end result should be something you are proud to give her. If she''s never worn a ring before, ANY ring will take some getting used to. If she likes a little more substance to her ring, she''ll love your design. Also, I see that your design has a euroshank. That will help prevent the ring from turning or flopping on her finger. I think you did a great job. The fact that you took the time to design something just for her is priceless.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, very substantial - a great look with those princess stones...can''t wait to see the final product!!! I ain''t gonna lie - that sucker is going to be HEAVY with all that platinum! Don''t get her mad cuz that ring could knock you out!!
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2006 8:00:57 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Very pretty, very substantial - a great look with those princess stones...can''t wait to see the final product!!! I ain''t gonna lie - that sucker is going to be HEAVY with all that platinum! Don''t get her mad cuz that ring could knock you out!!
2.gif
haha, totally agree- it will be heavy! My ring was much smaller, and it took me a while to get used to how heavy it felt on my hand. But I think the ring will be gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results