shape
carat
color
clarity

Wavy perm for straight asian hair ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Wheee!!! I love it! Except that I don''t want to sleep or lean against it.. hahah.. I think that''s my own paranoia though.

I got it done a salon in Brentwood called Allen Edwards Salon and it was not cheap I tell ya ! But I absolutely ADORE it and the lady (her name is Massi) specializes in perms and was SUPER nice. She had to cut more pronounced layers into my hair first (but she only charged me for half a haircut). She said that more significant layers would, when permed, give a lighter look.

zhuzhu--i will take a pic of the back this afternoon and post it
1.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Please excuse the bad lighting and shiny face :razz:

MePerm2.jpg

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 8:24:31 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Well I did back in junior high and the perm last a total of one day. The next day when I washed my hair, it was straight again (I know it didn''t have anything to do with the chemicals because my sister permed her hair at the same time and her hair stayed curly). So there''s a possibility that might happen.

How long are you supposed to wait before you can wash your hair after a perm? I remember hearing something about that in Legally Blonde.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it looks great! It''s so pretty!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
The lady said 48 hours... which is a LONG time! It''s OK though because it''s not that hot (thank goodness) and it gives me a reason not to shower muahhaah. I also told her about my hair stubbornness so she took that into account when choosing the chemicals.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I think the perm truns out great! Did you get it done in LA? in an asian-run salon?

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes at the Allen Edwards Salon in Brentwood (The west side of Los Angeles)
It''s not an asian run salon but a good friend of mine swears by them. I called in advance and asked if someone there specialized in perms and has permed several Asian heads in their time... and they asked around and their most senior perm person had..so I went to her. She is amazing. I brought a pic of Jennifer Aniston (which I am definitely not -- I wish!) b/c I liked the looseness and casual style of her natural hair... and my hair turned out exactly like it!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Cool, would you mind sharing their price range for the perm service? I will be working in LA in July and August and maybe I wil try one myself. :) Oh, if your time permits would you like to join our San Dieog PS get-together on July 29?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 2:51:55 PM
Author: zhuzhu
This is a harido that I like (maybe not so much on the pony part). As you can see without a perm it is near impossible to achieve this look on Asian straight hair.
Hmm...I think it is doable without having to perm your hair.
My hair is super straight and limp -- the kind that doesn't hold well to curls and hairspray.
However, the stylist was able to do my hair in a similiar style and made it stay from 6 am to midnight.
Granted I had to shampooed my hair 3 times to get all the hairspray out.
And I took out close to 100 barbie pins :)

Lybi

Rough_Rock
Sorry, first time here. I came here looking for information on perming Asian hair as wel, haha.

Anyways, snow_happy, I wanted to know how much did it cost? I was considering a perm as well and I live near LAish. Oh yeah, also, how is your perm right now? Has it started to straighten out yet? My friend got a perm and her hair started to straighten out after a couple weeks.

sillz

Rough_Rock
i got a perm in LA, this place called Kim Sun Young from Cindy, i''m pretty sure that was her name. I had both straight and wavy before. They both came out real nice.
25.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results