shape
carat
color
clarity

WATCH w/ RING?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I fell in love with a watch, but I am afraid that it will "take away" from my e-ring...which isn''t very big...

Do most of you wear a watch?! If so, do you fear it may "clash" with your e-ring?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
First off I wouldn''t describe your ring as "not very big" but that''s just me.
31.gif

I don''t worry about my watch clashing. Most days I wear a citzen eco drive that is stainless steel and very modern looking. I wear it on my left hand and while I find it very ''clean lines'' and and my wedding set is a classic setting (IMHO) I don''t worry about it, but that''s just me.

Maybe I need to find one with some princess cuts on it??
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2006 11:13:45 PM
Author:UCLABelle
I fell in love with a watch, but I am afraid that it will ''take away'' from my e-ring...which isn''t very big...

Do most of you wear a watch?! If so, do you fear it may ''clash'' with your e-ring?
I can''t live without a watch. Can you show us a pic of it?? Your ering is amazing, so I don''t see how a watch would take away from it. Unless of course we are talking a major blinged out version, hehe.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Classic and elegant, just like your ring. It won't over power it IMHO. It's lovely. Really!! I always love a watch that has a mother of pearl dial, they are so pretty. It's a great brand as well.
2.gif
Have you tried it on??

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s classy and understated, definitely suitable for everyday wear with your e-ring. It will compliment rather than take away from your ring.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I dont think it will overpower your e-ring at all. I wear my Michele watch everyday with my e-ring (the chunky one with the big face) and it looks fine...I think you should go for it- that watch is so cute!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one with the white face matches the number she gave. I like it but I also like the one with the mother of pearl face.

I don't think it will clash/compete with your ring. I don't think you have a small ring!? It looks very large in your avatar.
9.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
StoneHunter- You are right, the one I like is just a white face. Mother of pearl is pretty, but it isn''t the one I liked best.

My ring looks huge in my avatar. It is really only 7 x 7....with two traps on the side...Not small small but not big (I don''t think!)....IT COULD ALWAYS BE BIGGER :)

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
UCLABelle, I love that watch!

No, I don''t think it would clash with your ring at all. I believe many PSers have blinged out watches and wear them proudly with their rings!

I think of mine more as a diamond bracelet than a watch. Plus, the diamonds in watches are smaller so it definitely won''t clash! If anything, it complements your bling!

Maybe if you had an intricate ring with an intricately adorned watch, it might be dressier... but not clashing even in that case! And your ring is very clean, fluid and elegant.

Go for it!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Belle, I had the exact same concern when I first got engaged... I like things to "flow", and I thought maybe a watch and e-ring on the same arm would take away from each other. I even considered switching my watch to my other arm, but couldn''t get used to it! But now I actually like how they look together... and if anything, it seems like people tend to notice my ring more when I''m wearing the watch... so maybe it''s actually drawing more attention to it somehow!
2.gif

For what it''s worth, my watch is pretty simple and modern-looking... more of a bracelet than typical watch style (pic below)... and I think that helps. But it looks like the watch you like would go well with your ring!

Movado watch.jpg

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love that watch and I love your asscher/traps. Have you tried on the watch? I think that you need to see it on your hand with your ring first before you talk yourself into or out of getting it
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear a Baume & Mercier Hamilton when I need the time (like when I am about for business). I never cared nor noticed if it matched or not with my e-ring, but I remember Mara mentioning when I met her that they went well together. I looked at it later and thought, oh yeah...they kind of do. I guess my taste is consistent, LOL.

I don''t see that watch clashing. In fact, I don''t really see watches clashing with e-rings unless it''s totally different metals and styles, which yours are not!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw the watch today UCLABelle! I was at Tourneau buying my son a watch for Xmas and there was your watch. Or soon to be watch?? Have to say it''s lovely, and will look great with your ering. It''s more delicate in person than it is on the pic that was linked.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 9:12:18 AM
Author: Dani
I dont think it will overpower your e-ring at all. I wear my Michele watch everyday with my e-ring (the chunky one with the big face) and it looks fine...I think you should go for it- that watch is so cute!

Ooh, Dani do you have a pic? One of my friends has a Michele watch and I love it! She has a couple different bands that she can change up. it is a great looking watch!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
UCLA Belle, I really like that watch that you posted. I don''t think it will clash at all! I wear as ESQ watch (inexpensive by PS standards) with my e-ring every day and I have never once thought about them clashing. I think as long as the metal color is the same or coordinating, and the style is complementary, you can''t go wrong. Go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results