carat
color
clarity

Watch Repair Question

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello:

Hoping to tap into the knowledge base here about watch repairs.

My family has an heirloom (solid heavy gold) watch of my Fathers. The crystal is broken and needs replacement--and the watch requires cleaning. I took it into a couple of places I thought would be able to help me--but since the product was not theirs, they were not interested in estimating it's repair/helping me.

A several years ago I had the crystal replaced (my Mom was wearing the watch and smashed the crystal face) through a friend who did me a favor when he was the supervisor of a large jewellery store chain store--and he knew of a manufacturer across the country who did this kind of work (in Toronto); but as he is not longer with this company, I have no one to ask.

Any suggestions would be helpful (I also think the crystal is not a standard size--it is a bit smaller?)

cheers--Sharon

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
People who are trained to do this kind of work are rare these days and many people won't work on certain watch brands because they don't have access to proprietary parts.

I wish I had some advice for you. I think timezone.com would be another good place to ask your question. Someone there might be able to help.

Good luck.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thank you for your kind reply. I am assuming timezone is a watch forum? I shall seek it out....

cheers--Sharon

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it's the largest watch forum on the internet. You're welcome.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results