shape
carat
color
clarity

Watch cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
My husband has just inherited an Omega Seamaster watch, and the band is quite grotty. What is the best way to clean it? I have an ultrasonic for my jewelery, and it has the ''basket'' you can drap a watch over so only the band sits in the water, is this safe? I presume a seamaster is fairly watertight and the steam and a little moisture won''t penetrate the case.

Any other suggestions welcome.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 6:31:59 PM
Author:MishB
My husband has just inherited an Omega Seamaster watch, and the band is quite grotty. What is the best way to clean it? I have an ultrasonic for my jewelery, and it has the ''basket'' you can drap a watch over so only the band sits in the water, is this safe? I presume a seamaster is fairly watertight and the steam and a little moisture won''t penetrate the case.

Any other suggestions welcome.
The untra-sonic is fine for the bracelet ...when not attatched to the watch...the humming movement and the heat of the ultra-sonic is not good for watch movement,rubber seals, and its lubricants.Same reason it isnt good to wear watch in a hot tub...also long term exposure to some consentrated cleaners can be bad for stainless steel.Also older (and some newer)watches may have not be properly sealed at the crown,stem or case back and any moisture can ruin a movement in a watch.Tell us more about husbands new inherited Omega!A FAVORITE BRAND OF MINE!Post pics!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i use a soft baby tooth brush and some dish washing liquid then rinse with warm water.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results