shape
carat
color
clarity

Wasn't someone looking for a Grey Spinel?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think someone was. I think the person was pretty specific (not judging, I was too with my gray spinel). I really think the person should also look at Gemcal and Seda gems because they seem to have the biggest selection right now.now.

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
I'm one of the people, @mrs-b is the other. The LT spinel is too dark for my taste and I think too small for mrs-b. I've looked at the Gemcal gems and I don't think they are quite right for me either. I'll look at Seda, but I do have a lead on a stone to be recut, its just expensive so I need to think about it.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen that one on LT and I was looking at it last night. The one I missed out on was a very specific color, which is what made it so mesmerizing for me. As chatoyancy said, I'm being VERY specific about this. The one sold here was $300. A gem company sent me a photo of one I liked - but it was $1200. I think I'll go with it if it's still available in a little while and I cant find anything I prefer. But if I was fine with a mauve hue, I'd go with the one you linked to in a flash - I think it's a lovely stone.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just my two cents when looking for grey spinels, I would not rule out medium toned "steely blue" spinels as they are basically grey with tints of blue or green that tend to brighten or look metallic in sunlight.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've been on the lookout for a nice spready not too dark grey spinel in Burma. No cigar so far. It's tougher than I would have thought. Plenty of 1-ish carat pieces but they run rather dark.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
It is too bad there are only 2 pictures of the Spinel. The current seller seems to be using the original sellers pictures. They do note at the bottom that the spinel is "a true gray in person." Pictures of it in different lighting would be nice. It is a nice shape.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting the link to additional pictures! They are helpful for getting a better idea of the color of the spinel.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results