shape
carat
color
clarity

Was this diamond a good choice? [1 CT colourless]

kumasue

Rough_Rock
I just ordered this off James Allen and I'm just having the buyers remorse worrying over everything like if I should have paid more for a better quality.

I paid about +/- 12,000 USD for this 1 carat 3EX VS1

The customer service representative told me to keep it between 53-58% table so I choosed this diamond.

I hope I didn't make a bad decision on this one.

Screenshot_20220816-183038_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20220816-102909_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220816-124117_Chrome.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

kumasue

Rough_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Pardon me, what is SIC?

Super Ideal Cut.

There are multiple things needed for a diamond to be considered a SIC.

1. Extremely precise symmetry
2. Meet a range of proportions and angles
3. Have verified and validated light performance
4. Advanced images provided

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a great deal, but far from a bad deal, in my opinion.

You have the budget to get a colorless SIC from the vendors that specialize in them.

I agree! For your budget, I'd get this one. Whiteflash also has a very generous upgrade policy.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I agree! For your budget, I'd get this one. Whiteflash also has a very generous upgrade policy.

Wow...ACA, 1.1ct, D color, completely clean VS1, under $13k. I think I just peed a little. And I'm still at work.
Thanks a lot for that, Kim N.

kumasue

Rough_Rock
Somehow James Allen cancelled my order with no reason despite all my information provided. I'm not sure about trying any other websites now...

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Somehow James Allen cancelled my order with no reason despite all my information provided. I'm not sure about trying any other websites now...

James Allen drop ships. That means that they share virtual inventory with other vendors. So it is possible that someone else purchased it as well via another vendor and beat you to it before James Allen had a chance to update their site.

This might be a great turn on your end. Because now you are free to go elsewhere and do better. The diamond Kim N posted is incredible.

kumasue

Rough_Rock
Sadly after this issue my husband rejects allowing me to buy it online (internationally) and told me to get it locally instead

If anyone had the time to help me search...
Fonderdiamond.sg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
kumasue, I'm with Kya = contact WF as soon as possible and get that D VS1 beauty put on hold/reserve!
I think this is a blessing in disguise!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Sadly after this issue my husband rejects allowing me to buy it online (internationally) and told me to get it locally instead

Fonderdiamond.sg

Singapore - I've only got one suggestion for you and it's an amazing one: JannPaul!
Check out their Decagon (they have a YouTube channel with lots of content)...your jaw will drop!

They also now make them in LGD, if you want to go massive for your budget.

Screenshot_20220816-211224.png

Screenshot_20220816-211606.png

Last edited:

Kya

Shiny_Rock

Fonderdiamond.sg

Perhaps direct your husband to pricescope before resigning to local options… many people successfully purchase internationally. What happened with James Allen has nothing to do with international shipping…..
Singapore - I've only got one suggestion for you and it's an amazing one: JannPaul!
Check out their Decagon (they have a YouTube channel with lots of content...your jaw will drop!

But wait - yessss! I did not realize you were in Singapore
If you are not in the US and need to buy locally, Singapore is definitely the place to be! JannPaul is legend.

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
Check out their Decagon (they have a YouTube channel with lots of content)...your jaw will drop!

They also now make them in LGD, if you want to go massive for your budget.

Screenshot_20220816-211224.png

Screenshot_20220816-211606.png

You speak the truth dejaWiz ! I’m so in love with mine .

DRSAMURAI

Shiny_Rock
@kumasue, Glad to see that the cc fiasco has been satisfactorily resolved. It appears providence is guiding you towards JannPaul. Since you are in SG you are in luck, so book an appointment and the JP SA will spend 1-2 hours educating you about diamonds on the 1st visit. There is never pressure for you to buy. Then you will fully visually appreciate what @DejaWiz described to you on what defines an SIC diamond. Your second visit, should you choose to continue, will be short listing your possible diamond selections. I recommend your spouse to attend all appointments. Be prepared to be dazzled by their unique and patented White Series cuts especially when compared to 3Ex and non-WS SICs. Best of luck and keep us informed on your decisions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results