shape
carat
color
clarity

Was this a good purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woofman

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a diamond online from SUPERBcert. First off, does anybody know any about SUPERBcert, good or bad? I've got a 10 day grace period in which I can return it and I have no hesitation to do so if it doesn't live up to what the stats said.

Ok, here's the info:

0.71 carats, VVS1, G color
Depth: 61%
Table: 56%
Crown ang: 34.5
Pav ang: 40.8
(Edit: both polish and symmetry were excellent according to GIA)

I ran it through the pricescope rating thing and it came out at 1.2 (which I'm assuming lower is better). I just ordered this stone about an hour ago and don't have it in front of me yet, but i paid $3300 for the loose stone . . . was this a good purchase if everything checks out?

Oh yeah, it is GIA certified and the SUPERBcert hearts and arrows cut (which I saw very clearly).

Comments?

Aaron

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was this a good purchase ? Sure !

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Did she say yes?
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 3/31/2004 3:59:16 PM woofman wrote:

I ran it through the pricescope rating thing and it came out at 1.2 (which I'm assuming lower is better.)
----------------

Hi, Aaron.......a quick note: lower isn't necessarily better on the HCA. It's primarily an elimination tool, and it's generally held that diamonds scoring below a 2.0 are the creme de la creme. However, a 1.2 isn't better than a 1.7 necessarily. Once you're under 2, it's more of a preference in the look of the stone. Think chocolate and vanilla - one isn't better than the other, it's just a matter of which you prefer.

All of this aside, the diamond you mentioned has one of the most desirable crown/pavilion relationships going. It would be hard to find better than this. As long as your visual inspection confirms that the numbers say (and the numbers say this is a top-shelf stone), then no worries. Nice choice.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
woofman, It sounds like a great diamond. My stone is from SuperbCert and I'm very happy with it. I don't think you need to worry about the stone matching the specs. Barry is a reputable guy and has a lot of happy customers.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Just remember to wear sunglasses when you open the package. Those SuperbCerts will knock your eyes out!!
10.gif
Just got mine last Monday. It is a .76 ct. It is quite literally the most beautiful diamond I have ever seen, and it's mine all mine. (yay)
love.gif

woofman

Rough_Rock
"Just remember to wear sunglasses when you open the package"

lol that's EXACTLY what Barry told me on the phone, I sure hope it's true as I receive it on Friday! I'll pop back in and let you guys know what I think of it next week sometime.

Thanks for the info guys.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results