shape
carat
color
clarity

was i taken

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taken

Rough_Rock
i bought a .98 carat diamond, i color, vs2 clarity, vg polish and symmetry, round, modified, brilliant,
confused.gif
set in platinum, appraised by i.g.i. 7995.00. did i pay too much?

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Seems like it is on the high side.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately, I agree with Basset. If you can't return it, enjoy it!
1.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I noticed YES you were charged over the prices that people tend to pay for an internet stone. Here are two examples from www.diamondperfection.com (NOT on PS, so I don't know if they are good, or not):

So you could have gotten either a larger stone at 1.27 or a 1.02 for $4,403.25, and that's considering it's OVER 1 ct mark which always drives the price up from a .98. A platinum setting should be no more than $550-$800, depending on if it's premade or customized, and simple...That does not justify the almost $3600 makr up.

Check the net, or better yet, do that and look through the PriceScope vendors (who have TOP Notch cuts), and see if you can either return the ring, or if you realy like it, get a price adjustment. I believe if they are so off on price, they should be understanding and at least bump up your color, or give you back some money....or they could be awful and try to be difficult. That's when you let them know you are on a diamond forum with many potential customers, and could possibly make them lose some...

11.gif
9.gif

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
I would suggest that you get it appraised independantly. If there is a big difference, take it back and either get your money back or an adjustment in price. If they do not give you any satisfaction, I hope you bought in on a credit card. Call the card company and tell them your story, they might get your money back for you.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Modified round brilliant... is that some kind of branded cut ?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did you pay for it? The appraisal amount can sometimes be almost double inflated over what you paid.... so it's not really a true indicator. But $8k for a less than 1c stone? That appraisal seems WAY inflated!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results