shape
carat
color
clarity

WARNING: who should you take advice from?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I shall not derail someone's thread to state that correlation does not imply causation. The poor OP is innocent of all, do not derail his thread!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1441737796|3925119 said:
I shall not derail someone's thread to state that correlation does not imply causation. The poor OP is innocent of all, do not derail his thread!
+1. Gloss over it and move on; we should not subject the OP to all this.

drruby

Shiny_Rock
Hey MODS why don't you check the IPS of

LD (lady disdain initials)
Lady Disdain (beatrice jewelry the Greek mythos line)
Chrono(s) the greek god of time

I think all three of these users are the same IP address

So when you start to IP check who is harassing me, you see the chain

LD starts thread (lady disdain?)
Lady Disdain supports LD
Chrono(s) (Supports all of them)

haha

Wow one user most likely IMO

Let's see the IPS

haha

PS Lady Disdain jewelry site features lots of lines and everyone is a Greek god/goddess

CHRONO(s) the main GOD in greek mythos

I think I just exposed your 3 accounts to the mods here

I know no rule about having 3 accounts right?

Usually forums don't allow that

So are all 3 accounts the same person?

I'll leave it up to the mods and the users here to look at the site of Lady Disdain then realize CHRONO(s) is a major god in her line of jewelry or should be, she has Athena and Zeus and Hades, why not CHRONOS

haha

Too funny

Then LD and Lady Disdain

Obvious connection in initials

I should rick roll you

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
drruby|1441740816|3925147 said:

[...]

haha

Thank you, you just made my day. I needed the laugh!

I would be extremely happy to own LD's and Chrono's collections.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rest assured, the mods know who we are. :bigsmile: You jump the gun easily and see conspiracy theories where there are none.

PieAreSquared

Shiny_Rock
I've never seen a "Dr." with so much time on his hands...

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two things:

1. I think its really indicative that this so called expert who claims he seeks the knowledge of credentialed experts has yet to find the one online forum/site dedicated specifically to gemology for professionals. Despite my breaking forum protocol in an earlier thread (yes, I turned myself in to Ella) and actually naming the online gemology site easily found by googling those words, he still has not been there. He clearly has no interest in hanging around with true experts and professionals in the field.

2. MOST IMPORTANT FOR ALL PSers: Go to the top left hand of your screen where it says "Welcome [username]" Click on that and it takes you to your specific account information. One of the categories there is "Friends and Foes." In the area designated for "Foes" type in this user. Its the equivalent of blocking them on Facebook; they just disappear :)) I cannot tell you what its like not to be able to see any of this user's posts; I feel like I'm on permanent vacation. Having to parse threads and constantly jump over the inarticulate, seemingly uneducated ramblings of this individual was annoying. Now its moot! Please know that with a simple click and username add, it will be back to life as usual. And he can continue to rant away - to himself. :bigsmile: :wink2:

drruby

Shiny_Rock
Actually what I wanted to ask a PHD with GG about CG is no longer needed.

I did learn something here, all new certs destroy all gems with LIMPS an SIMS and the other laser test.

Huge craters are dug into the girdles of high end stones now.

So due to that I'm actually going to dump my whole CG collection.

I had been interested in certing with a major lab that can grade and that's why I came here at first.

Then when I found out how all modern testing is so invasive IMO there are no high end gems now with certs, they all have surface scraping or writing or just plain old craters dug into high end stones to prove no enhancement was done.

So the tests are worse than what they are looking for IMO.

So the whole industry is now so messed up, I want nothing to do with CG as 'an investor'.

Now carbon, I lost interest in carbon years ago, but I have some minor questions about low grade standards by GIA since I may be 'investing' in a young guys system to scale it.

It's a proven system on minor stones and I think it could be scaled up to do lots of both minor and high end stones in carbon.

But for now my interests in CG have been killed by the gross testing labs are doing on very rare stones just to say no treatment.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
LisaRN|1441726298|3924982 said:
Steve76 or just bad deja vu on my part?

I am shocked about the mods too - I deleted all my pics here and asked two times to delete my account - still no reply!!

**edited by moderator, no swearing please**

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1441741735|3925157 said:
Two things:

1. I think its really indicative that this so called expert who claims he seeks the knowledge of credentialed experts has yet to find the one online forum/site dedicated specifically to gemology for professionals. Despite my breaking forum protocol in an earlier thread (yes, I turned myself in to Ella) and actually naming the online gemology site easily found by googling those words, he still has not been there. He clearly has no interest in hanging around with true experts and professionals in the field.

2. MOST IMPORTANT FOR ALL PSers: Go to the top left hand of your screen where it says "Welcome [username]" Click on that and it takes you to your specific account information. One of the categories there is "Friends and Foes." In the area designated for "Foes" type in this user. Its the equivalent of blocking them on Facebook; they just disappear :)) I cannot tell you what its like not to be able to see any of this user's posts; I feel like I'm on permanent vacation. Having to parse threads and constantly jump over the inarticulate, seemingly uneducated ramblings of this individual was annoying. Now its moot! Please know that with a simple click and username add, it will be back to life as usual. And he can continue to rant away - to himself. :bigsmile: :wink2:

+1 minous! I also found this magical blocking button, and now can happily ignore all silly rants (unless I find myself compelled to see a specifically amusing/ridiculous one). Quite freeing, actually :appl: :naughty:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1441743169|3925174 said:
minousbijoux|1441741735|3925157 said:
Two things:

+1 minous! I also found this magical blocking button, and now can happily ignore all silly rants (unless I find myself compelled to see a specifically amusing/ridiculous one). Quite freeing, actually :appl: :naughty:

the "Magical Blocking Button" :lol: lIke door 9 1/2 or whatever its called!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1441744187|3925184 said:
the "Magical Blocking Button" :lol: lIke door 9 1/2 or whatever its called!

Honestly I was so relieved to have finally found a way to block the insanity that it may as well have been platform 9 3/4! I was that happy! :dance:

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Lady_Disdain|1441737796|3925119 said:
Oh Lady D, I adore you.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Drruby:

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Testing for beryllium by drilling into a stone is only done by morons. It's sad that you are taking your stones to morons.

As far as the FTP address, and three posters being the same. . . you are just hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:hand: I too will block you.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I speak blithering idiot fluently but the magic button is much easier than translating.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The concern about the block button is when a post is posted to a newbie, who will know to tell the to ignore it?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iluvshinythings|1441749238|3925231 said:
I speak blithering idiot fluently but the magic button is much easier than translating.

:lol:

Excellent! Perhaps for combat pay you could be our interpreter!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
iluvshinythings|1441749238|3925231 said:

I can speak blindingly drunk from my years as a venue manager and even I am having trouble making any sense here :errrr:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
drruby|1441740816|3925147 said:

So when you start to IP check who is harassing me, you see the chain

LD starts thread (lady disdain?)
Lady Disdain supports LD
Chrono(s) (Supports all of them)

haha

Wow one user most likely IMO

Let's see the IPS

I assure you, these are three DIFFERENT longtime PS members and very well respected around here. If their opinions are not ones you like, you are welcome to find another forum to post on. But they are staying. :wavey:

drruby

Shiny_Rock
So you think this thread is fine attacking me and having your users call names like Dhead etc is what your forum wants?

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We have been more than accommodating of trying to keep your different views on PS. If you want me to use my ban hammer due to namecalling you would also be on the list. This behavior is not what PS is about on either side.

If you want users to take you seriously I suggest spending some quiet time reading PS to find out what it's about, and stop insulting users and admin alike.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
drruby|1441763822|3925354 said:
So you think this thread is fine attacking me and having your users call names like Dhead etc is what your forum wants?

Well in fairness you began the sladerous attacks on gem labs and CG enthusiasts, to which many people bit their tongues as they let you have your say. So don't push a double standard when that standard appears to be working in your favour.
If mods were to take the kind of action you're wanting; you'd be banned along with the other members you're wishing to have banned BUT you'd also be facing some libel and defamation lawsuits from gem labs for some of the regurgitation you've made. I'm sure they'd have rights to get your IP address to find out who you are in order to sue you for negatively impacting their business as well.

Just take your ball and go home mate...

drruby

Shiny_Rock
I haven't attacked one user, haven't called anyone a name.

Yes I say my OPINION on labs and that's my opinion.

Libel is saying something that isn't true to harm someone

I state facts

In 2005 GIA was involved in the FBI investigation of how GIA graders were selling bumps in grades.

AGL was owned by a Collectors Universe which IMO means they're not a legitimate 'lab'.

AGS was founded by Shiple who founded GIA and it was meant to be a 'trade' organization not a 'lab' the GIA org was meant to be the 'lab'.

In CG circles most consider GIA certs irrelevant

So my OPINIONS on certs and CG is MY OPINION and not libel and it sure isn't an attack on any 'member' here

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, imagine Lady Disdain, Chrono and LD WERE the same person?!?! Holy, MOTHER OF ALL COLLECTIONS!!! :love: :-o :cheeky:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1441742770|3925169 said:

I am shocked about the mods too - I deleted all my pics here and asked two times to delete my account - still no reply!!

Note to MARLOW - I really hope that I am misinterpreting your words. Speaking for myself, I don't know you except for your posts but your recent absence left a big void. I wouldn't own the very nice large cuprian that brought me here if you didn't encourage me to consider it. In fact, I wouldn't have had the courage to stay if you hadn't answered my dumb questions with patience, kindness and encouragement. My love for color changed garnets grew because of you...as well as my search for a cobalt blue spinel. I would happily ignore hundreds of posts that I don't find meaningful for me to come here to seek the knowledge and encouragement of people like you. Regardless, thank you for all you've shared and hope you continue to do so in some fashion.

Back on topic - I hope no one comes here or to any board taking one poster's word as gospel...especially for an important purchase. Even with its collective knowledge, this is a board of people posting opinions of pictures on an internet and sharing what they've learned. It's a starting point (and a great one at that). I know I've both followed and ignored advice here - all of which I take into consideration to make an informed decision. But I get the point of this thread - although not sure if any newbie can get through some of the long rambling posts or make sense of them (I can't lol).

(Tough job moderating - giving enough room to allow for differences in opinion and styles but keeping it safe from purposeful ill intent. Done it and hated it...so thank you Ella).

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Marlow|1441742770|3925169 said:

**edited by moderator, no swearing please**

Hi Marlow, our email systems do not always work impeccably and I have not received any emails from you. Unfortunately it seems that sometimes when our developers fix one glitch others arise and we don't always know that contact requests or reports are not coming through until someone complains. But I went ahead and removed your account based on your request in this thread, and I apologize we didn't get your request previously.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
drruby|1441764598|3925367 said:

I state facts

In 2005 GIA was involved in the FBI investigation of how GIA graders were selling bumps in grades.

AGL was owned by a Collectors Universe which IMO means they're not a legitimate 'lab'.

AGS was founded by Shiple who founded GIA and it was meant to be a 'trade' organization not a 'lab' the GIA org was meant to be the 'lab'.

So my OPINIONS on certs and CG is MY OPINION and not libel and it sure isn't an attack on any 'member' here

I never stated that you did call anyone a name, I am of the opinion that anyone who sues over an ad-hominem attack is petty anyway. I said you've made libelous and defaming statements, see where you have been corrected on comments you made about labs not grading ruby clarity and AGL not being a gem lab (this also is not a thread to discuss that, just so you know). Regardless of what you feel, those statements are both false and damaging against companies that are now in a position to sue you for damages due to statements made in a public forum.

I didn't tell you to take your ball and go home because I simply don't like you, this was actually advice for your own well-being in order to stop you from digging yourself a hole deeper than 'Big Hole' in South Africa

To get this thread back on track, I don't ever recommend anyone take my advice - let alone use it as gospel. I'm wrong more often than I am right and don't even trust myself to make a decision that only affects me :lol:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

drruby

Shiny_Rock
jordyonbass|1441773726|3925432 said:
drruby|1441764598|3925367 said:

I state facts

I never stated that you did call anyone a name, I am of the opinion that anyone who sues over an ad-hominem attack is petty anyway. I said you've made libelous and defaming statements, see where you have been corrected on comments you made about labs not grading ruby clarity and AGL not being a gem lab (this also is not a thread to discuss that, just so you know). Regardless of what you feel, those statements are both false and damaging against companies that are now in a position to sue you for damages due to statements made in a public forum.

I didn't tell you to take your ball and go home because I simply don't like you, this was actually advice for your own well-being in order to stop you from digging yourself a hole deeper than 'Big Hole' in South Africa

To get this thread back on track, I don't ever recommend anyone take my advice - let alone use it as gospel. I'm wrong more often than I am right and don't even trust myself to make a decision that only affects me :lol:

You need to have someone help you read and comprehend what I've posted here since you are so far off base it's pathetic and sad really.

So is ENGLISH your first language?

First, I came here seeking advice to IF any major labs were doing grading of high end color stones yet as to clarity, all I've been seeing is reports with the same info, maybe an OPINION on origin and type of stone, weight, dimensions, maybe an OPINION on color and most importantly any KNOWN treatments.

Someone said AGL, I've see AGL certs and on those I've seen they had no clarity grade, then after a few more posts I found out they have a high end report with grades a made up by them system about color clarity grading.

So I started to research who is AGL and when I found out that CU Collectors Universe owned them I GAVE MY OPINION that took them off what I would consider a legitimate LAB, that's OPINION not libel.

So as I said originally in this forum NOT ONE MAJOR LAB IS GRADING RUBIES even though some here think agl is a legitimate lab, I don't have that opinion of them.

Now some consider GIA a legitimate lab for CG, I don't and I question why people still use them after the 2005 FBI scandal about them and how their graders were caught in a PAY FOR BETTER GRADE CON GAME/SCAM.

Yet for carbon most who are IGNORANT of the GIA SCANDAL think their certificates have value, they do it appears in carbon.

Some in carbon have been touting AGSL as an alternative to GIA, I pointed out FACTS that the founder of GIA Shipley started AGS for JEWELERS not to be a lab and it was only recently that AGSL became a lab and their claim to fame is analysis of cuts, which is like the AGS a sales ploy used by jewelers to SELL carbon.

IMO

1 CT
D
VVS1/IF/FL
X cut

is all you need to know if a stone is worth owning in common carbon

Anyone trying to analyze anything about a stone at that level is just a CONMAN and whatever they say is irrelevant IMO

Now if you want to say some cut analysis is needed on lower quality stones, go ahead, but when I used to buy carbon it was all IF or FL level

I do not care what you say about an IF or FL D/X 1 CT

It is or it isn't what it is

Today I wouldn't recommend any carbon to any one outside of

FLAWLESS 1 CT D X

The reason is simple, the rest of carbon is very, very COMMON

Less than 3% of IF level carbon which is RARE, gets that FL label from GIA

IMO that's the only carbon worth owning and for years I have not owned any carbon I dumped it all, yet I have a very fine collection of rubies still which I am now dumping

The reasons I am dumping rubies is that to own them and insure them insurance companies now want certificates on my fine quality gems acquired many decades ago, and modern labs are drilling huge holes into such rare treasures and I REFUSE TO DO THAT

It would be like me willing allow a moron in a white coat to drill holes in my kids skulls to lobotomize them, NO WAY.

So the CG industry is such now that you cannot own a valuable gem without invasive analysis to your treasures, so it is now time to DUMP ALL CG IMO

Now I am considering a move into financing a young kid with a business model I am interested in SCALING in common carbon

So in the common carbon talk area, I am asking questions now about exactly how GIA is grading low level common carbon since that is where most dealers live and breath and sleep, they have never even seen a FL cert and most don't even know they exist

Yet these are the 'experts' on diamonds

There is no further analysis of a FL diamond other than what GIA says about it

It is either FL to the standard set by GIA or it isn't

It is either
D
X
1 Ct

Or it isn't

If it is

1ct
D
X
FL

That is ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW

Now you want a company like AGSL that many think BUMP GRADES to analyze the cut on a FL level X in D?

haha

Not needed in MY OPINION and if you want to do that to sort through inferior graded carbon, go ahead

the AGSL cut anyalysis means NOTHING TO ME on

1 Ct
D
X
FL

At that level of grade all that matters in carbon is DID GIA really give it FL and D and X

Just any jewelry store owner about FL and GIA

Most will say what? What is FL do you mean IF?

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock
NKOTB|1441765716|3925379 said:
OMG, imagine Lady Disdain, Chrono and LD WERE the same person?!?! Holy, MOTHER OF ALL COLLECTIONS!!! :love: :-o :cheeky:

I'd pay admission to see that.

:dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results