shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Warning - Picture Overload of my new 3.01 Upgrade!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I think your stone is absolutely breathtaking. I don't get to see that many 60/60 stones on PS and seeing yours makes me realize how gorgeous they can be. Congratulations to you - I LOVE it - and the setting too, which is very striking and appropriately substantial for your large stone. Very, very nice!! Congrats
36.gif
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, what a beautiful ring!! You must be thrilled!!!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Smokes Batman! It''s massively HUGE! What an upgrade - it''s GORGEOUS!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Well, well, well...I mean...that IS AN UPGRADE!
36.gif
An upgrade, nothing short of spectacular.

It is really out of the ballpark grand slam! And the crowd goes wild!!! roar!!

I love how you got it all in one piece. That incredible prong spread head...I love the profile angle...the top angle...there is nothing not to love. The side stones set for detail...the ratio of spread to you teeny finger size...OK maybe you could have ....DONE... NOTHING ELSE! Please shoot me some more images. I really want to experience that head in different angles. I am so thrilled for you...my ankles are wobbly. Enjoy it!

SIDEBAR:

There is a lot of merit in a positive outlook...and calling things that aren''t as if they are. Visualizing it to happen and willing it. That being said, you and I must exchange our PS monikers.

BLING IT ON...did it''s work for you...And your ring and finger size really encompassed the true visual definition of my name (handle that opens wooden things we walk through). I still can''t bring myself to say it.

This is just the right humane compassionate thing for you to exchange names with me. So how bout it?

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that''s not a rock, that''s a BOULDER !!!

What a fabulous diamond! Really spectacular ring!

Looks great on you. Enjoy all the compliments you are surely going to get!

Congratulations!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. A 3.01 for a size 3.5 finger? I think you need a 3.5 ct stone to go with your 3.5 finger! Which means *I* should get an 8.75 ct stone to go with *my* 8.75 finger!
27.gif
11.gif
10.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Smokes! That stone is spectacular!!!

justme1

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL !!!!!! Can you post pictures of a different angle of the setting please - one of the side showing the diamonds coming down the shank. I have got to see that beautiful setting in more detail.

1beg1.GIF

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
now thats what i call an UPgrade!!! that things a monster..a BEAUTIFUL MONSTER !!!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
What a statement this baby makes
9.gif
Its gorgeous you did good!!

susi

Shiny_Rock
Fabulous! I just now started breathing again, after 3 pages!! And, yes, please, more pictures.....
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hello finger coverage
30.gif

gorgeous stone and lovely setting!
36.gif

hope you post many many more pics!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
BlingItOn- What an appropriate name for you...LOL. I LOVE, LOVE,
30.gif
, your upgrade! I mean, doesn''t it just feel so fabulous, the way it "weights" your hand down? I could only wish I will get that kind of upgrade in five years!...Congrats!!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!! Love EVERYTHING about it!!! Congrats on your upgrade!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 2:16:10 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Well, well, well...I mean...that IS AN UPGRADE!
36.gif
An upgrade, nothing short of spectacular.

It is really out of the ballpark grand slam! And the crowd goes wild!!! roar!!

I love how you got it all in one piece. That incredible prong spread head...I love the profile angle...the top angle...there is nothing not to love. The side stones set for detail...the ratio of spread to you teeny finger size...OK maybe you could have ....DONE... NOTHING ELSE! Please shoot me some more images. I really want to experience that head in different angles. I am so thrilled for you...my ankles are wobbly. Enjoy it!

SIDEBAR:

There is a lot of merit in a positive outlook...and calling things that aren''t as if they are. Visualizing it to happen and willing it. That being said, you and I must exchange our PS monikers.

BLING IT ON...did it''s work for you...And your ring and finger size really encompassed the true visual definition of my name (handle that opens wooden things we walk through). I still can''t bring myself to say it.

This is just the right humane compassionate thing for you to exchange names with me. So how bout it?
Awww.....You''re very kind DKS! And I love your baseball analogy! HAHAHHA!
36.gif

SIDEBAR:

But there can only be one DKS - YOU!

You are one of the bling-iest members on PS and will ALWAYS be! "Door Know Solitaire" will surely do it''s magic for you.....Pretty soon, you will find the stone befitting of your nick!

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 9:03:51 PM
Author: Missrocks
BlingItOn- What an appropriate name for you...LOL. I LOVE, LOVE,
30.gif
, your upgrade! I mean, doesn''t it just feel so fabulous, the way it ''weights'' your hand down? I could only wish I will get that kind of upgrade in five years!...Congrats!!!!
Missrocks, I wanted to say I have always loved the ring you have in your avatar and has shown it to my DH a countless number of times! It''s fabulous....I''d want something like that of my own someday!

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/15/2008 2:25:43 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Hmmm. A 3.01 for a size 3.5 finger? I think you need a 3.5 ct stone to go with your 3.5 finger! Which means *I* should get an 8.75 ct stone to go with *my* 8.75 finger!
27.gif
11.gif
10.gif
Actually what I ''need'' is a 4.75Ct which will cover my ENTIRE finger!
27.gif
HAHAHAHHAHAAH!
In fact, I have tried on a 5Ct whilst at the jewellers (just for fun of course!), and we realized we don''t even see the shank anymore at that size!
31.gif

An 8.75Ct eh? Well, see how much money I am saving for the DH because of my Monkey paws?
12.gif

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Sure justme1! I'll try to get some as soon as I can....I just stink at taking the pics!
14.gif

In fact, I actually took so many photos, I filled up an entire Memory Card in order to get those few!

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
I wear 3.5 ring size and also got a 1.08 for eRing!!
35.gif
heeee heee...... I wish to have a 3.01 upgrade like you do years later!

love your photos!! please post more!!
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
That boulder is not just big it is beautiful (your RHR is TDF as well :)). Love the setting as well :).

After seeing that I am officially on a finger diet need to shrink those babies down.

anyjackie

Rough_Rock
Holy Moley! It''s beautiful. More pictures please!

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
justme1, I have taken more pics of the sideview with my little bro's help!
25.gif

The DH has officially given up on my picture quest! HAHAHAHAHH!

The setting is pretty low and I seldom bump into it thus far....Touch Wood

SideViewof301.jpg

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
I like how it shows some scintilation here...

SparklingatNite.jpg

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Another rather blurry pic but it shows the ''dancing'' lights inside better IMO....

IMG_8659ED.jpg

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Final sharper Sideview Picture that better shows the sidestones.

There are 5 on each side and the ones closer to the Centre stone are larger in size,

SharperSideview.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is beautiful. It sounds as though you had an wonderful sales assistant. I love your ring it is truly amazing!

BlingItOn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/17/2008 4:23:37 AM
Author: Addy
That setting is beautiful. It sounds as though you had an wonderful sales assistant. I love your ring it is truly amazing!
Thank you very much Addy! I have to say I''d highly recommend my SA (who by the way came highly recommended to us by a friend)!
21.gif

I agree with all the rest on PS that B&M Diamond prices aren''t as competitive as the prices online, but I really appreciated the hand-holding, patience and information she was willing to share with us and working with us to find something that met all our criterias.
Before PS, I knew very little about diamonds other than the very basics of the 4Cs and I felt that even after discovering PS, that this jeweller has been pretty honest and upfront throughout all the information she has dissipated to us and even highlighting to us the importance of "Cut".

I''d definitely want to buy a Diamond online one day because of all the savings and the great reviews I hear on PS, but I''d still go back to my SA as long as she has something I''m looking for, and at a reasonable premium.
She was honestly the only B&M Jeweller we met that spent so much time on us! Most we''ve met were out to make a quick sale and many didn''t think we were serious in our purchase because the DH is a casual jeans/polo tee guy that just hit his 30s.
38.gif

I''ve even met one jeweller that told us that since diamond prices were increasing so much, that we will not want to hear about the price, and that we should just forget about getting a 3 carat!
29.gif

I frankly knew nothing about settings too...How high to set the diamond, 6 claw vs 4 claw, sidestones or not, but she seriously found something that suits me to a T.
9.gif

I''m lucky to have found her.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for taking more images...you really can''t get enough of that BIG honker. I think your ring drives home the point that one really should consider using 6 prongs over 4 with that size of stone. It just feels right to the eye. No question you made the right decision.

Could I trouble you for more profile shots...(I just realized you may have them posted on page two of the thread...I just logged on and the thread is already on page 3) I really love the prongs and would like to see how they are formed from the ring up.

Can you share the emotion you get when you look down at it as it is so new and different to you? Is it hard to believe it is yours? (Probably not...when you pay for something like that it better darn well be yours huh?)
2.gif

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!!! I think I am in love with it! And no need to warn of a picture overload- with that ring it would be a crime if you did a picture UNDERload!

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
WOW! WOW! WOW! That is one drop dead gorgeous ring! That is indeed one heck of an upgrade! CONGRATS! It looks beautiful on you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results