shape
carat
color
clarity

Warm champagne or just off colour?

whnlzz

Rough_Rock
So ladies, I’ve been dreaming of the perfect rose gold champagne ring for so long. I’m finally about to pull the trigger as a baby present but I’m struggling!
It’s close to impossible to see what I want in person and I just don’t feel like I’m sure about what I’m getting online.
A jeweller I’ve worked with before found this for me

It seems to be decent from the report but so you think it will give me the purposeful champagne colour or will it just look wishy washy? Im planning to set it in a starburst halo for a vintage look and a bit of contrast with whiter side stones.
Any opinions?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My honest opinion: I see some olive/green in this stone.

When I hear “champagne” I think of warm stones with a hint of pink, but no olive/green. I think this stone could be beautiful in certain shades of unplated white gold, or a YG that’s alloyed with silver - something that doesn’t compete with that touch of green. I wouldn’t put this stone in rose gold though.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
My honest opinion: I see some olive/green in this stone.

When I hear “champagne” I think of warm stones with a hint of pink, but no olive/green. I think this stone could be beautiful in certain shades of unplated white gold, or a YG that’s alloyed with silver - something that doesn’t compete with that touch of green. I wouldn’t put this stone in rose gold though.

This. I see this as a green/olive/yellow brown stone.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I can assure you this will clash with rose gold unfortunately.

You want a straight brown without secondary green / yellow tones. You can frankly go warm or cooler tones for brown with RG, but anything with a hint of green or lemony yellow will just look garish

Sorry to be frank but I’d pass

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Now - instead of dashing your excitement, feel free to share what you’re looking for and budget - I’m sure we would happy to help look around!

If I were you I’d check out leibish and diamonds by Lauren - they have some really pretty brown / champagne diamonds

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
So ladies, I’ve been dreaming of the perfect rose gold champagne ring for so long. I’m finally about to pull the trigger as a baby present but I’m struggling!
It’s close to impossible to see what I want in person and I just don’t feel like I’m sure about what I’m getting online.
A jeweller I’ve worked with before found this for me

It seems to be decent from the report but so you think it will give me the purposeful champagne colour or will it just look wishy washy? Im planning to set it in a starburst halo for a vintage look and a bit of contrast with whiter side stones.
Any opinions?

I see a brownish tone- possibly they can find a few other diamonds to choose from:kiss2:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see yellow and if this stone was tinted brown wouldn’t the certificate say so? I like low colored stones that lean more brown than yellow so I look for certificates that say faint brown. I think that is noted for K and below. Screenshot 2022-09-07 192336.jpg
This M with faint brown doesn''t really show much color set in rose. In fact, it looks pretty white

DKPV2021___06__21____69050____Pendant_-3 copy.jpg

I have a brown diamond that leans towards pink, set in rose gold. It has a lot more color than the M above.

Screenshot 2021-04-19 150232.jpg

I don't think the stone you posted will give you what you are looking for.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree this wont be great in rose gold

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I see yellow and if this stone was tinted brown wouldn’t the certificate say so? I like low colored stones that lean more brown than yellow so I look for certificates that say faint brown. I think that is noted for K and below. Screenshot 2022-09-07 192336.jpg
This M with faint brown doesn''t really show much color set in rose. In fact, it looks pretty white

DKPV2021___06__21____69050____Pendant_-3 copy.jpg

I have a brown diamond that leans towards pink, set in rose gold. It has a lot more color than the M above.

Screenshot 2021-04-19 150232.jpg

I don't think the stone you posted will give you what you are looking for.

That’s the other thing - prob won’t be saturated enough! I’d be hunting for a true fancy brown!

These photos aren’t the greatest, but the smaller OEC is an M, the 3 stone has a center with a fancy yellow, and the honking OEC is a fancy light yellow brown. It’s still not even crazy saturated. To get a true champagne you’re going to want the fancy designation or as low on the alphabet as possible!

BD299E5F-2591-4173-BA2A-6AEA66C2EC0B.jpeg

DFBD78AB-244F-4A72-922D-4196E6FBD75B.jpeg
0331B82B-19B6-4DC8-BB46-76E9FA585156.jpeg

whnlzz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice everyone! I think I knew it was too cool and yellowy but it was just proving so hard to source a light brown that wasn’t too dark. I’ve been around Hatton garden and a few places got stones in for me, but it just wasn’t what I was looking for.

I think this one looks much more interesting - what do you guys think?

My budget from a US or European retailer is a bit lower as I have to pay taxes and duties on top.

Last edited:

whnlzz

Rough_Rock
This is gorgeous, where would you recommend for the coloured labs? @Jax172

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results