shape
carat
color
clarity

War on pain meds part 502

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My gosh, @Karl_K ! You have gone thorough so much! I can only imagine your pain. How on earth did it get to such a level that he had to remove bone? Did you have an infection to begin with that caused all these extractions?

Take it easy and get all the rest you can. Healing hugs to you.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh poor Karl
i wonder if you should ring the dentsit just to make sure all that swelling isnt an infection

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My gosh, @Karl_K ! You have gone thorough so much! I can only imagine your pain. How on earth did it get to such a level that he had to remove bone? Did you have an infection to begin with that caused all these extractions?

Take it easy and get all the rest you can. Healing hugs to you.

I have a hard time finding a dentist or oral surgeon who takes my insurance that will work on me due to blood thinners and other things.
So a couple of them were just delayed and falling apart.
Did get infected roots in 4 teeth in a row and had one that cracked to the root that prompted doing it now.
I have one more to go for now that was not close to the other ones and wasn't as bad.
I will probably end up getting full dentures in a few years.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
oh poor Karl
i wonder if you should ring the dentsit just to make sure all that swelling isnt an infection
I did 2 courses of antibiotics before the extractions started.
Depending on how its going I might go in Friday for a checkup.
He is really good about fitting me in for checking it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did 2 courses of antibiotics before the extractions started.
Depending on how its going I might go in Friday for a checkup.
He is really good about fitting me in for checking it.

i hope its sorted soon Karl
and may the good sleep continue, sleep and rest heals -when you can get it (that's code for take the odd nana nap)
i think we forget how bad tooth pain can be, i imangine you are exhausted

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending continued well wishes to you @Karl_K Please continue to monitor and reach out to your provider as needed, as an infection in the bone can be very hard to treat. You want to stay ahead of it. Have you been advised to gargle with warm salt water/given Chlorhexidine antiseptic mouth wash?

I suffered from osteomyelitis of the jaw … reach out if you’d like to chat offline.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Hope you feel better soon, Karl. Hopefully, you are almost through with the worst of it and will soon get to enjoy NOT having nagging tooth pain all the time.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope that each day is better than the day before @Karl_K. I am sorry that you have suffered so much with these extractions.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh-I hope that you feel better soon, Karl.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Karl ?
ive never seen bruising like that after extrations ?
dumb question,because apart from lack of sleep and all that pain but are you ok ?
how can they look you in the face and say no to pain killers
:(2

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG Karl ?
ive never seen bruising like that after extrations ?
dumb question,because apart from lack of sleep and all that pain but are you ok ?
how can they look you in the face and say no to pain killers
:(2

Im ok, swelling is down a little today and got a 2 hour nap with my bipap on plus 5 hours during the night.
I have never bruised like this from extractions before but never had this many at once.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry you are experiencing this pain Karl. It's been brutal for you and I hope you feel better soon. It is unfair IMHO that people in pain cannot get proper treatment due to pain medication abuse. Pharmaceutical companies have had to pay out big settlements for dumping pain meds on impoverished areas in our country which of course contributed to pain medication addiction. And now, people in physical pain find that their options for pain relief are so greatly limited. It's unfair and horrible that people like you are made to suffer. I'm sending warm thoughts that you get some much deserved and needed rest this weekend.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So sorry you are experiencing this pain Karl. It's been brutal for you and I hope you feel better soon. It is unfair IMHO that people in pain cannot get proper treatment due to pain medication abuse. Pharmaceutical companies have had to pay out big settlements for dumping pain meds on impoverished areas in our country which of course contributed to pain medication addiction. And now, people in physical pain find that their options for pain relief are so greatly limited. It's unfair and horrible that people like you are made to suffer. I'm sending warm thoughts that you get some much deserved and needed rest this weekend.

So true and imo they should have to pay out more big settlements now, for withholding pain meds from people in demonstrable need of them, just because of their earlier criminal greed.

In Mexico, we just walked into a grocery store and bought pain meds from the drug counter, no prescription needed and no artificially inflated price or hoops to jump through. It made me wonder what would happen if it was like that in the U.S. If we'd be better or worse off overall. I haven't researched it and to be clear, I really don't know, but it did make me wonder...

Hope you're doing better today, Karl.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Sorry Karl for your pain. May I suggest that after the 30 day separation required between prescriptions, that you fill this last one so you have a small stash for emergencies.
I do have a Dr that will prescribe for future needs,(abtibiotics) mainly. but I do have some reserves for pain.

I do hope you feel better.

Annette

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Feeling better today Karl? Hope so.

kind regards--Sharon

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Sending continued healing vibes to you @Karl_K .

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey everyone,
Thank you so much for the kind comments and support.
Swelling is down a lot and pain is down in 7 areas.
The 8th one is giving me a ton of pain still.
Its one of the first ones removed.
frustrating.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Got some news today.
The one extraction area is still causing a lot of pain so went back in today.
There is a sharp ridge around where the tooth was that is causing the problem. He wants to give it 3 weeks to settle down and if it doesn't will get prior approval from insurance and open it up and grind it down. He doesn't want to do it if at all possible.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got some news today.
The one extraction area is still causing a lot of pain so went back in today.
There is a sharp ridge around where the tooth was that is causing the problem. He wants to give it 3 weeks to settle down and if it doesn't will get prior approval from insurance and open it up and grind it down. He doesn't want to do it if at all possible.

The sharp ridge comprised of soft tissue? Or is he talking about down to the bone?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The sharp ridge comprised of soft tissue? Or is he talking about down to the bone?
Bone
Would have to open it up and grind down the bone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bone

Hope there is no infection and you got some pain meds. Healing vibes!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bone

Wow - I too hope that won’t be necessary! Hopefully you do have pain meds to manage in the meantime. Sorry this has caused you so much suffering!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results