shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanting to add YELLOW gold to my stack...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear yellow gold most days, with the exception of my wedding set. I'd really like a thin band (I don't have that much real estate, so 2-2.2 mm is about my limit) to add some yummy yellow gold to "tie it all in," so to speak. I'm not opposed to gemstones, as long as the band is still thin and within budget. I'd like to stay at $400 or less, but I'd be willing to go to $500 if necessary.

Here are the two bands I wear with my ering 99% of the time -- with my plain tri-wire or my bezel band...

Ering is 2.0 mm wide/thick
Tri-wire is 2.1 mm wide
Bezel band is 2.3 mm wide

All are 1.8-1.85 high off the finger

DK Wire Band _plat_3.jpg CVB Soli with bezel eternity_1.jpg

...any suggestions that wont break the bank??

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wanted to add that I'm also not opposed to a replacement band that is two-tone. I just want the YG to show. :) TIA ya'll! ;-)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pink, a yellow and a blue sapphire band that I rarely wear but I’m guessing you have a small finger.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pink, a yellow and a blue sapphire band that I rarely wear but I’m guessing you have a small finger.

I've considered a yellow sapphire eternity in YG... just never really tried one on. Maybe I should do that soon to see how I feel - thanks for the suggestion, @AprilBaby!

I do, however, feel like the yellow gold will show more if it's metal only... maybe engraved like this one by Schubach?

Joseph Schubach Double Milgrain Teo Band.jpg

My finger is 4.75.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C5EE3F1B-CEFE-4059-ACD1-49E06A2EABFB.jpeg Way to small for my rings.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at the Zina Bands? She makes a 2mm yellow diamond band and even thinner as well. I’m pretty sure someone posted one for sale on LT.

ETA- how about a Gabriel band. I really love the white gold thin stacker you have.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
532956FF-846D-4CDC-9188-2F0541C12AE9.jpeg I have this one I love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
81DE3353-FFB8-4C38-AB99-D004B1CA9F1C.jpeg This is nice

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0FB7F0B4-BDBE-4040-B668-B188FCAD0FBA.jpeg Cool looking!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you looked at the Zina Bands? She makes a 2mm yellow diamond band and even thinner as well. I’m pretty sure someone posted one for sale on LT.

ETA- how about a Gabriel band. I really love the white gold thin stacker you have.

I have that shop saved on Etsy, so I'll revisit it for sure! Do you think the yellow diamonds would be saturated enough to read "yellow"? I haven't looked at Gabriel in a while... thanks for the suggestions!

I love my thin G&Co. band as well, but alas... I never wear it. ** le sigh **

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have that shop saved on Etsy, so I'll revisit it for sure! Do you think the yellow diamonds would be saturated enough to read "yellow"? I haven't looked at Gabriel in a while... thanks for the suggestions!
I love my thin G&Co. band as well, but alas... I never wear it. ** le sigh **
Yes. Definitely. I have the 2 mm one from Zina. Here is a pic. It’s a pretty saturated yellow color. Mine is 18kt yellow gold. The pink diamond band is very light pink but I prefer it to the pink sapphires she has. I found Someone selling her three bands on LT for $500, but they are a size 6. I’m wondering if you can purchase just the yellow one and have an insert put in. I’m sure you can get it for a pretty decent price and it will appease your yellow gold craving.
I’m actually thinking about purchasing the Gabriel one you have but I’m rose gold. I love that band. Do you mind posting a pic of it? (Sorry for the threadjack) how come your not wearing it?
8A44FF1D-17EB-4795-BB0D-C2E2C73A7523.jpeg

BAD00DFB-3C33-4185-B14B-22BB5F00127A.jpeg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really would look on Etsy. There are a lot of sellers with vintage or new bands:
https://etsy.me/2P5DEL2

Or Debblazer:
https://etsy.me/2TTg4F1

Have never tried this one, but seems nice:
https://etsy.me/2TS8JW2

OroSpot has a big variety, but not every product is pictured in YG;
https://etsy.me/2GJHzgF

What about DK:
https://etsy.me/2BEddbG

These are all the Sellers I was browsing, as I was looking for bands. They have a ton of positive reviews and a lot of transactions.

How funny! I have almost all of those sellers "favorited" on Etsy! I love Debblazer... almost had her do a knife edge band before I decided to go with DK. I really don't wanna do custom bc I have to see it (and need the option to return if it doesn't work). Thanks for reminding me of all the Etsy sellers!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Definitely. I have the 2 mm one from Zina. Here is a pic. It’s a pretty saturated yellow color. Mine is 18kt yellow gold. The pink diamond band is very light pink but I prefer it to the pink sapphires she has. I found Someone selling her three bands on LT for $500, but they are a size 6. I’m wondering if you can purchase just the yellow one and have an insert put in. I’m sure you can get it for a pretty decent price and it will appease your yellow gold craving.
I’m actually thinking about purchasing the Gabriel one you have but I’m rose gold. I love that band. Do you mind posting a pic of it? (Sorry for the threadjack) how come your not wearing it?
8A44FF1D-17EB-4795-BB0D-C2E2C73A7523.jpeg

BAD00DFB-3C33-4185-B14B-22BB5F00127A.jpeg

Oooooh, I like that yellow one a lot -- adding it to the list! ;-) RE possible insert, I think I need a true eternity or I'll go nuts. LOL

The Gabriel stock band isn't eternity... but you can order it that way (which I did). I don't know why I don't wear it. It really is pretty, and it would look amazing in RG! One thing is it's not super comfy - the knife edge is SHARP. When I wear it as the only band alongside my ering, you can't really see it because the diamond covers it up (first world problem, amirite?? LOL)... That's something to consider unless you plan to stack such that it will be out of the way of your ering's basket/diamond/halo edge. Just FYI. :) As you can see, I barely have enough room for it on my finger - it makes my fingers look even stumpier than usual... *ugh* Too bad there's no finger lipo!!

And here ya go!!
CVB Soli Stack_collage1.jpg
CVB Soli Stack_1.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out of curiosity, does anyone have an idea just how thin this style could be made without losing the aesthetic??
joseph-schubach-double-milgrain-teo-band-jpg.661601

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you like vintage Gilded Times on Etsy has some NOS bands in yellow gold:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GildedTimes

Just to mention that I've purchased from this shop - Etsy presence of Joseph Gann Jewelers in Boston. I purchased and then returned one of the cool YG bands and then the shop worked to find one that would work better with my existing ering (I went with someone totally different). They also found a matching smaller diamond mount and transitional diamond and put that together and it's perfection for small, classic but blingly look when that's my mood. Just wanted to mention how happy I was with their service and quality. Good luck with your search!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool and thanks! I am waiting on another band but once I get it I think I will go ahead and order it.

I was also thinking you can purchase a yellow gold band on eweddingbands and have David Klass add engraving. That way you can have exactly what you want. I had emailed him in the past about doing this as well with one of my rose gold bands. His prices are reasonable for engraving.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to mention that I've purchased from this shop - Etsy presence of Joseph Gann Jewelers in Boston. I purchased and then returned one of the cool YG bands and then the shop worked to find one that would work better with my existing ering (I went with someone totally different). They also found a matching smaller diamond mount and transitional diamond and put that together and it's perfection for small, classic but blingly look when that's my mood. Just wanted to mention how happy I was with their service and quality. Good luck with your search!

Oh, wow! That's great customer service - good to know! Thanks!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool and thanks! I am waiting on another band but once I get it I think I will go ahead and order it.

I was also thinking you can purchase a yellow gold band on eweddingbands and have David Klass add engraving. That way you can have exactly what you want. I had emailed him in the past about doing this as well with one of my rose gold bands. His prices are reasonable for engraving.

That's a great idea, @kayla17... any idea how thin you can go to get the same scroll engraving as is on the Schubach band?? Also, how high (off the finger) does the band need to be for engraving? (I know I could just ask DK, but I need instant gratification) ;-)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kayla17... should I go that route (eweddingband + DK), would David's bench be able to add the little "lip" that is milgrained on either side, or would I need to try to find a plain high polish band with milgrained edges already there? (sorry... probably a dumb question)

Similar to these (grooved lip with milgrain):
il_340x270.386289229_jllc.jpg

il_340x270.1572358565_oc7v.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He can add the milgrain and engraving. I don’t know what he would charge though. I know @SimoneDi has him add engraving to her Blue Nile band and it came out beautiful. I think she even has it listed on LT and Preloved right now.
I would go with him if you can’t find something you love.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results