shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanted. Suggestions for setting for 4 ct round.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
In a previous post, I saw some beautiful setting suggestions. I am getting a round stone over 4 cts in weight. No, this is NOT an engagement ring--it is an upgrade. Although I will never part with my original ring, we could never have afforded anything like this when we were getting married.

I am looking for a very simple but elegant platinum setting. I will be wearing it with an eternity ring with touching stones of .28 carats each--about 4.35 carats--also a recent acquisition.

I am not too familiar with some of the newer setting styles. I want something that will not be set too high but will clear my wedding band.

I'd love to get some advice from those of you who are more up-to-date than I am.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Give more to go on...are you looking for a solitaire or with side stones? Do you want fancy side stones, set high, low?

My suggestion is to first take a look at the thread in the 'FAQ' section called 'Compilation of Ring Settings'. There are TONS of links in there. Surf around the designers sites. Once you get an idea of what is out there, your taste will begin to emerge and you may find yourself leaning towards one design pattern or another. Then you can narrow it down.

Without much to go on...it can be really hard to offer suggestions?

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,

Thanks for the info on the FAQ site. I will look there.

I want a solitare where the stone is not set too high but will clear my wedding band. I should post a picture of my wedding band with the engagement ring I have now and perhaps it will be easier to make suggestions.

I have been looking but did not know where to find some of the unusual settings that were posted.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Settings are not usually ready-made for stones beyond 2cts. You may have to have it custom made, and I also believe this is the best way.

Low settings are this way when the model leaves no metal under the stone, so the culet may get close to the finger. There really is no limit to waht a ring could look like, but it should be a mere technicality to adapt nearly any style so as to accomodate a band near the ring.

One can always start with a checklist of ring 'details' (type & number of prongs, height, side stones, band width and type, tappering elements ) and end up with a conservative ring or go for some completely new way of holding stone over finger, I suppose
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Solange, some of my favorites for custom on larger stones are on www.artofplatinum.com, Leon Mege's site. Beautiful work.
love.gif
But that compilation thread has tons of ideas too. Agreed with Val that custom should be the way to go on a head this size. It also allows you to really create your own vision of what you want to wear!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results