shape
carat
color
clarity

want to see your pics of space b/w ering and wband...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
I just realized recently that the construction of my ering will force a space between it and the wband (when i get it, of course.) I would love it if all of you who have a gap between your ering and wband could post some pics so I can see how it looks....thanks!!!!!!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
This shows both wedding bands--the 20 pointer eternity (bottom) that matches the setting and the 10 pointer eternity (top).
1.gif

3.rings.4.jpg

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Jennifer! Wow...the spaces in that shot don''t bother me at all. Is it too much to ask to see a side view of your e ring? I''d like to be able to compare it to mine to see if the space would be about the same. Your combination looks gorgeous!!!!! I''m thinking about doing a similar combination with two eternity bands also. I love that look. And those arrows are mesmerizing!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Sure! Not a great shot (fuzzy) but gives you an idea... I don''t have any issues with the way the rings are and actually like the space between the rings.
1.gif

profile.hand.3.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got gaps too. I like gaps. (call me crazy)

stoner.JPG

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
ok...you guys are starting to make me feel better because I think your ering/wband combos look gorgeous. I actually kind like the space (i guess we''re both crazy sevens one.) Do either of you have problems with the wband rubbing against or damaging the prongs on the ering? (oh...and keep the pics coming everyone. It''s a good excuse to see eveyone''s sets!)

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I've been wearing these together lately. As you can see, there's a huge, Lauren Hutton-esque gap.
9.gif
(I wish there was a gap-toothed smiley.. LOL..Also, both my mom and my son have the dents du bonheur.)

I did consider having the band altered to lock in, but I like the space. I also enjoy being able to wear them separately too. I might find some other eternity bands to stack on the right ring finger. I like the Hidalgo and Morris David ones a lot!

Also the roval ring's band is not full eternity, it's like a half-band. So, it still wouldn't be a true match even if they were brought closer together.

For some reason, I love haphazard effects more (I think this shows in my fashion and deco preferences as well!
25.gif
).

However, more power to the lovely matchie-flushies! They're awfully cute in an anal retentive sorta way! LOL!
41.gif

ed. fer spellin'

rovset.jpg

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer,
Sevens One,
Kaylagee,

Love the pics of your rings and their separate bands/rings. Very pretty all!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Mine fit together, but sometimes I like them to be apart......

Copy of ering 391.JPG

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Here are my rings, nothing like yours but there is a gap, that I actually like!

DSC01187_2.jpg

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a pic of my new setting and bands. The pic is rather bad, but you can see that the bands do not sit flush together. I really like this look as I think it makes it interesting. I like breaking the ''rules''!!
31.gif

Everyone''s rings on this thread are gorgeous!

P1000518 (3).jpg

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am so happy to see everyone with rings that don''t fit exactly together!!!! When I chose my setting the jeweler warned me that I wouldn''t be able to get a band that fit w/me e-ring ( unless I had it fit like a puzzle and wouldn''t be able to wear it alone) and I was a little disapointed at my options but now I see that I can get a regular band and it will still look excellent....THANKS!

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
Lovin'' those gaps ladies... very cool! Kaylagee, your rings are stunning.

fpfi_wr1.jpg

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the pics girls! I love how everyone''s sets are so different from each other, but all so beautiful--now I know why I got hooked on PS. Ok, so I know that I''m a dork, but I took out a really old ring that my fiance gave to me literally 8 years ago to get an idea of what the gap will look like. The ring looks so gross and yellow (have not taken it out of the jewelry case in probably 6 years) but at least you can see what the space is like. What do you think? (that strange looking face in the background is my sweet doggy, forever begging for attention
emsmile.gif
)

gappic1.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
PSUHeather, I think it will look great. And your doggy is totally adorable! "Look at me mommy!! I''m blingy too!!"

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
psuheather,
You have nothing to worry about. The gap is so small, most any band will look great!!
2.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I think it will look great!! The gap doesn''t seem to be that large.

I agree with blueroses.. your dog is adorable as well!
2.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2005 4
6.gif
5:47 PM
Author: blueroses
PSUHeather, I think it will look great. And your doggy is totally adorable! ''Look at me mommy!! I''m blingy too!!''
LOL!!!! That''s exactly what his facial expression looked like! My poor dog....ever since I got a shiny rock to stare at, he has been seriously neglected. Or maybe now he just gets the same amount of attention as most dogs because my fiance says that I spoil him rotten!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Fuffi thanks for the compliment!! Your set is a stunner as well!
30.gif

I love this thread! Psuheather, I''m sure your rings will be awesome together. I think a gap of some kind is nice and vintage-y/retro/ yet timeless.

LOL about your forlorn subliminal doggy in the photo ... absolutely precious! I can''t wait to get a dog when our kids are older!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
YES Kaylagee, I love them...very nice!!!!
36.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i like the gaps with the ering and wband, it''s the BF who wants the future ering to sit uniform
1.gif
and heather, what is the mm of your setting?
1.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Gappy gap gap!
It did bug me at first, but I''m over it!

pw2.jpg

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2005 3:20:54 PM
Author: KBerly
i like the gaps with the ering and wband, it''s the BF who wants the future ering to sit uniform
1.gif
and heather, what is the mm of your setting?
1.gif
I''ve measured it and it looks like it''s exactly 2mm.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings, gals! Here''s my gap:

Set%20small.jpg

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
psuheather, how wide is that band beside your ering? I recently fell in love with a band online that is 5mm wide and I don''t know how that will look next to a thinner band. It seems to look pretty good on your finger!
emsmile.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2005 7
6.gif
6.gif
3 PM
Author: Dodger Gurl
psuheather, how wide is that band beside your ering? I recently fell in love with a band online that is 5mm wide and I don't know how that will look next to a thinner band. It seems to look pretty good on your finger!
emsmile.gif
I just measured it and it seems like its a little more that 3.5 mm...maybe 3.6 or 3.7? I know, I obviously just put it on to get an idea of the gap, but the width seemed nice to me too. I always thought that I wanted a thin wband but now I starting to rethink that. What does you ering look like? I'm drawing a blank.....

btw--hest, I want to dive into that ec and swim around! It's so crystal clear!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
question for you girls who wears 2 or 3 rings on one fingers;

wouldn''t the diamonds be damage by rubbing against each other on the girdle?

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Just measured it again and now I''m thinking it''s more like 4mm...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results