carat
color
clarity

Want to Learn to Sew :)

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
note: tweed is so easy! The opposite of the impossible crepe, for once
Yes! A nice wool is a joy to work with. I was making an outfit for my dw - the top was a slippry satin silk that was the finnickest thing to work with. But the pants were a delicious wool - such a relief to work with after the silk battle. And it has this wonderful aroma then you pressed it - like a sleep (in a good way..)

Its fun to find sewists on PS :)

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@chroman

I loath satin.

My supplies are tweeds & linnen & taffeta & spun silk - some classics, some not. I would weave them too if the gear were not such a burden!

Of tweed... the way the Scotts make it keeps reminding me that half of my family are still shepherds, whom I will miss this EOY. My choice of fabrics tends to be what might have been made a generation ago (still have such & wear); I am the last weaver. :cry2: [a clan with sheep, scholarship, pearls & diamonds - will leave it at this! :whistle:]

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i hope the sewing is going well @LetLoveRule!

I finally finished those jeans, and they’re amazingly confortable! In case someone needs some inspiration to get their sew on:
45D595B7-E38D-4153-8237-F8D22D4CF651.jpeg
Look GREAT! What pattern did you use???

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Look GREAT! What pattern did you use???
For an additional challenge, I decided to draft these without a pattern, starting from the draft in Knowles’ mensware book.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For an additional challenge, I decided to draft these without a pattern, starting from the draft in Knowles’ mensware book.

Wow! Great Job! Pants are what brought me into sewing for myself. I was tired of not having work pants that fit, had pockets, and didn't cost a small fortune. I spent an entire summer learning, and almost gave up when I figured it out. :D

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chroman -

Wow!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I finally finished those jeans, and they’re amazingly confortable! In case someone needs some inspiration to get their sew on:
These are great!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd like a 6 petite +/- a couple of chocolate chip cookies on any given day! Let me know where to send payment. :cheeky:

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd like a 6 petite +/- a couple of chocolate chip cookies on any given day! Let me know where to send payment. :cheeky:
Its a good thing I didn’t charge myself by the hour for my labor, otherwise I’d never afford these! ;)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results