shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to compare/inquire about some rocks from @rhino can we still do that here?

catia

Shiny_Rock
Been away for quite a while, had to put things on hold (lol almost a decade)-

Originally I was looking at lower colored diamonds, because I love them, I have a passion for old mine & cushions.
I want an AVC, and a decade didn't change that lol.

I see some things have changed with names & websites etc. I'm looking for @Rhino
Recently I've been looking at Distinctive Gems website & wanted to compare some stones.

I am very out of the social media mix & don't really interact much online, but I want to for this purchase/decision.
Just trying to make sure I am not breakin any rules or policies. I read a bunch of the technical language, and it just hurt my head.

Do we still do this type of stuff here?
Are they/ we still allowed to post pics of the ASET & specs and do video comparison & things like that?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
You can post links/pictures/reports to the diamonds and get feedback from the community, but I think the rules state that trade members are not allowed to comment on specific diamonds or self-promote.
For that, you'll have to work with Jon/Rhino directly via phone and email.

catia

Shiny_Rock
thanks, I am trying to understand the rules now.
If I am asking for input on specific stones-things regarding specs/color/light return-while I am comparing-does that mean if I am looking at a specific vendor/trade member's item that they are not allowed to answer questions or comment if I ask about their product on here?
I want to get started on my journey & I have 3 stones I want to compare before making a decision, but dorky questions pop up along the way. I want input from members of course, but also will have item specific questions.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
thanks, I am trying to understand the rules now.
If I am asking for input on specific stones-things regarding specs/color/light return-while I am comparing-does that mean if I am looking at a specific vendor/trade member's item that they are not allowed to answer questions or comment if I ask about their product on here?
I want to get started on my journey & I have 3 stones I want to compare before making a decision, but dorky questions pop up along the way. I want input from members of course, but also will have item specific questions.

Looking at the current rules for trade members, a jeweler may be able to engage in discussion and answer any questions about their own products as long as it is a consumer that initiates the thread/discussion:

5. Do not mention your products or services unless requested in the thread by a consumer.

No specific information on how much depth into conversation that a trade member can (or can't) engage in regarding their own products when a consumer starts the discussion, so be prepared for a "please contact me/us through email" kind of a response. :)

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jon/Rhino also offers a concierge service, whereby you tell him the specs/budget of the types of stones you are looking for and he will go search for you and present you with some options. You could then, armed with “vetted” options, post on here to get feedback of your potential new stones.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No specific information on how much depth into conversation that a trade member can (or can't) engage in regarding their own products when a consumer starts the discussion, so be prepared for a "please contact me/us through email" kind of a response. :)

Hehe... this. Best to just email me.

catia

Shiny_Rock

catia

Shiny_Rock
so far, all emails have been returned by outlook. The 1st one had a typo, so I made sure I cut/paste the address my bad, added an "s" to distinctivegem in error

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results