shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to buy something... should I?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the ring, a lot of this gorgeous jewelry while beautiful has no place for me in my life sine a big outing is to go to the grocery store.. But man I can see someone who goes to parties, openings etc (just out to a fancy dinner).. wearing some of this beautiful jewelry.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too the demantoid earrings are my pick as well. They are a beautiful colour and getting more difficult to find..... I guess all of us will like something different to each other....

So true! I'd rock the grape necklace on a day out with the 6yo but that's how I roll (not to mention 6yos love big bright things)

The earrings are super wearable though and gorgeous.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
My personal favorites out of the bunch, (while theyre all quite beautiful) would be the grape necklace, the minty demantoid ring, and the emerald snake pendant.

All of them have this charm about them;
The grape necklace is such a neat thing to have as a souvenir from your trip and I do think that it could be dressed down or up.
It really is something else and if youre attracted to it now I could see this being a piece that you regret not getting if you pass it up and possibly one that you arent able to find anything similar to if you change your mind later.

The demantoid ring has such a soul to it! That stone is what Bluegemz would call a "soul stone". :love: Its alive and gives the wearer a sense of purpose that emanates from its beauty. Something about that color is just luscious also! Its right up my alley and if I could only pick one piece I'd be biting my nails for hours between this and the necklace!

& Lastly that pendant! Aagh! :dance:
Ignore this if youre not a snake girl like me but I'm just totally enraptured by any and all snake jewelry...not to mention yummy pieces like this one that has a beautiful Emmy!
Snake jewelry just alludes mystery/emotions/love/danger and all that is forbidden. It is a symbol of femininity, the ultimate power portrayal of the "femme fatale".

Let me just end this by saying Oh what a lovely problem you are facing at the moment!
:roll2:

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aaaauuggghhhh! So hard to choose and I bet for you too! Hope you didn’t pass up those demantoid earrings! I would wear those quite often!

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
Some really beautiful pieces! If it were me, I'd be most tempted by the demantoid ring. It's gorgeous and totally wearable.
Another vote for the ring from me!

Those grapes and the snake are also wow. I couldn’t carry them off but if you can, they should be in serious consideration :mrgreen2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok sitting in a store in the stone capital of Russia. Not that I need to buy anything... I could, though
Advises? It is not cheap but pretty
Diamonds, tiny emeralds, Spinels

2k or so 56DB9595-EE46-4ABA-AF0A-F07EF887D5B0.jpeg
i just wanted another look at the grapes:kiss2:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the demantoid ring! I would get it and the earrings. The chameleon is really beautifully carved!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m the only one that’s not into the grapes. It reminds me of fake rubber fruit that old ladies would display in carnival glass dishes.:lol: The leaves are beautifully done though. I would snap off the grapes and just wear the leaves.

mdi

Shiny_Rock
I’m the only one that’s not into the grapes. It reminds me of fake rubber fruit that old ladies would display in carnival glass dishes.:lol: The leaves are beautifully done though. I would snap off the grapes and just wear the leaves.

Nope, also not my taste. Just trying to adhere to the Bambi/ Thumper philosophy of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." ;-)

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
Demantoid and emerald snake!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My grandmother had a bowl of those--I'm (fake :mrgreen2: ) offended!! I used to love playing with them. We would pretend they were real and offer them to the adults to eat. They were also really fun to squish.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all!

I ended up buying nothing. But I was tempted. Strangely, the deterrent was the fact that most typically Uralic things I saw in museums look very different from what was sold. Not even better, just different. (I am thinking of making a thread with museum photos). For example, Uralic amethysts are violet, not that dark purple. So obviously, the stones in the earrings were somehow enhanced. As to a very nice pale demantoid ring with awesome dispersion, I remembered having a similar Nigerian stone, It is not cut the same way, but it might be even recut for better light return. It is large, just could be turned into something more presentable.

That area, Yekaterinburg, has awesome geology museums, but they are not open all the time. The Ural Mountains are old pegmatite, hence most stones mined in old Russia came from that area. But the largest mineralogy museum, with very old stones, was closed at the time i was there. I was walking around the compact city center and thinking of the way to make it all touristy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results