shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to buy something... should I?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok sitting in a store in the stone capital of Russia. Not that I need to buy anything... I could, though
Advises? It is not cheap but pretty
Diamonds, tiny emeralds, Spinels

2k or so 56DB9595-EE46-4ABA-AF0A-F07EF887D5B0.jpeg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrysoberyls

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just took the shots... I have about 6 hours + all night to think, the prices are up since 2 years ago, Demantoids are almost not sold in town. I plan to take a taxi to the local mineralogy museum and then, either buy something or go off my merry way. Need advices, should I even spend the money?

mdi

Shiny_Rock
Chrysoberyl earrings! Phew! Love those.

Some of the more ornate stuff is not really my taste. Also, I wonder if that snake pendant has a created emerald? That emerald looks SO similar to the Russian material that's always being cut at Precision Gem, et al.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrysoberyl earrings! Phew! Love those.

Some of the more ornate stuff is not really my taste. Also, I wonder if that snake pendant has a created emerald? That emerald looks SO similar to the Russian material that's always being cut at Precision Gem, et al.

I don’t know, but the emerald has inclusions. I, too, like everything chandelier-like, and the amethysts look gorgeous, but not sure they are not hydrothermal, as I said. Maybe I should buy the chryso chandeliers and recut the stones and replace them? They are not of the best cut but the color looks unusual.

Should I buy anything at all?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok sitting in a store in the stone capital of Russia. Not that I need to buy anything... I could, though
Advises? It is not cheap but pretty
Diamonds, tiny emeralds, Spinels

2k or so 56DB9595-EE46-4ABA-AF0A-F07EF887D5B0.jpeg
wooooow weeeee
i would buy this
don't know where id wear it
in the bath maybe drinking Champaign
but it is unforgettable and fabulous
yes its OTT
but its outlandishly beaitiful

i LOVE it !!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. Buy if you think you will love wearing it and will wear it. I look at PPW. The larger earrings might be too heavy depending on your tolerance for heavy earrings. But I love those stud earrings and that gorgeous necklace and rings. All of the pieces are just wow.:love: And I am digging that snake pendant too. I agree only buy if you like the piece as is otherwise it is too much of a hassle. My perspective only however and YMMV.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I love,love, love the earings!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know about the practicality of some- but I’d be hard pressed to pass up the opportunity. It would live in my house as a piece of art, if not worn.
The grapes. The chameleon. Heck- any one of them.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I would buy only if I would wear them. They are definitely works of art, most of them. This was such a delicious thread, seeing the price tag on those demantoid earrings brings back fond memories of when I went window shopping в Питере. Спасибо за конфету для глаза! Sorry if the grammar's all wrong. :mrgreen2:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes I would try to snag the earrings and ring because while the other things are amazing, I don't know if would have a chance to wear out while I would wear those...

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My favorite is the carved emerald. The carvings skill is exceptional.

Are the chrysoberyl from Russia?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite is the carved emerald. The carvings skill is exceptional.

Are the chrysoberyl from Russia?

So they say...god knows.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results