shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to ask parents, but afraid they''ll ruin it ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AvusM5

Rough_Rock
Although I''ve been told many times by the gf that her mother can keep secrets - being that my gf is he only daughter and they''re VERY close - I''m afraid by asking both her parents, that her mom will spoil it for me and what I have planned.

I am hoping she won''t since it is the best time for her daugther to be asked to marry someone, but at the same time, if she says something ... it''ll be ruined. I am planning on telling her brother what he thinks I should do (though he doesn''t know I''m gonna propose yet either, maybe he''ll can come up with a clever plan to keep her parents from ruining it).

ANY IDEAS?!?!?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Try posting here.

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
I would keep as many people OUT of the loop as possible. The less people that know the less that can go wrong. The only other consideration I would suggest is ask her parents just prior to your engagement plan so the cat isn't let out of the bag, and it can't be ruined by accident. Ex, day before if possible. Or I guess just trust in her knowing that she wouldn't want to ruin her daughters experience, and PROMISE to call her as soon as it happens to share the news. That way she is still a part of the experience, and knows what transpires, and she won't jump the gun by asking whats new and exciting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results