carat
color
clarity

Want square purple sapphire, cushion cut—I'm bombing out :(

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Re: Want square purple sapphire, cushion cut—I'm bombing out

This is just a note of caution, but I wanted to bring it up since no one else has - with cushion cuts with a single prong on the widest part of the stone, it's possible for a prong to get knocked out of place enough to lose the stone quite easily. I believe that something happened to one of our members where her engagement ring's blue sapphire cushion's prong got loose and she almost lost her sapphire. Since I imagine you'll be wearing it often, it's something that I thought you should be aware of. It's just due to the fact that there is one prong on the widest parts of the stone - if the stone is able to twist in the setting at all, the prong will have nothing to hold onto.

This can potentially be remedied by having two prongs on each corner instead of one, making the prongs wider, or adding additional safeguards into the setting.

klessa

Rough_Rock

Yikes, ElleW! It's a scary thought to lose my purple after this whole saga. :-o

I think that when we find a new ring for hubs-to-be, I'll ask the jeweler if we can make my ring more secure. Thanks for the heads-up!

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade

klessa|1488338178|4135046 said:
Yikes, ElleW! It's a scary thought to lose my purple after this whole saga. :-o

I think that when we find a new ring for hubs-to-be, I'll ask the jeweler if we can make my ring more secure. Thanks for the heads-up!
That is exactly what I thought of! Just check with the jeweler to make sure it's secure - we definitely don't want you losing your stone after all of this!

klessa

Rough_Rock

Nope! Nope nope nope nope, no losing of the purple goodness after all this. Not allowed.

In somewhat related news, I put my rings in the safe today. Makes it harder to admire them, though. *sigh*

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results