shape
carat
color
clarity

Want a scheduled c-section...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 1:46:26 PM
Author: janinegirly
As for celebs and perceived benefits, TGAL nailed it. Cmon, celebs are selfish to start and they are not about sweating and going throug pain let alone the stretching factors (vanity reasons). This is why c-sections are also much more common in wealthier neighborhoods as well.

I''d actually venture to say that they are more common in wealthier neighborhoods because c-sections are more common for older women giving birth and older women are more likely to reside in wealthy neighborhoods. But maybe my definition of wealthy neighborhood and yours is different, around here the people in the wealthy neighborhoods aren''t usually the vain younger woman type!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't aware that older women were more likely to have c-sections? I'd probably fall into that category and didn't seem to be more of an option for me due to age! I think it's more a vanity thing here, or general distaste for pain (elective c-sections). Like I said a friend of mine pretty much told me you can "let your doctor know you're scared of labor" but she was on the Upper East Side which has a reputation for being a bit hoighty toighty (I used to live there a few years ago, so I can say that
emwink.gif
). I delivered in a different part of the City and during my birthclass they actually made fun of ladies on the UES saying if they could have someone else give birth for them, they would. Kind of harsh, but funny at the same timel...

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I would also assume it is more prevalent in wealthy areas. I mean, who would want to fork over $15k (way more if there are complications) unless you just had money to throw away?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first pregnancy was a scheduled c-section, my son was breech, the recovery was just awful, my second pregancy I tried VBAC because of how hard the recovery was with my first one and so I was in labor for 18 hours and then went into fetal distress and had to have an emergency c-section, the recovery was horrible again. I have never had a normal delivery so I dont know about how the recovery is, but a c-section in my honest opinion should be avoided at all cost, it hard on you and they baby.
8.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 2:51:31 PM
Author: diamondrnglover
I have never had a normal delivery so I dont know about how the recovery is, but a c-section in my honest opinion should be avoided at all cost, it hard on you and they baby.
8.gif

Horrible! Haha. But everyone has different experiences (with both c-sec AND VB).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 1:54:13 PM
I wasn't aware that older women were more likely to have c-sections? I'd probably fall into that category and didn't seem to be more of an option for me due to age! I think it's more a vanity thing here, or general distaste for pain (elective c-sections). Like I said a friend of mine pretty much told me you can 'let your doctor know you're scared of labor' but she was on the Upper East Side which has a reputation for being a bit hoighty toighty (I used to live there a few years ago, so I can say that
emwink.gif
). I delivered in a different part of the City and during my birthclass they actually made fun of ladies on the UES saying if they could have someone else give birth for them, they would. Kind of harsh, but funny at the same timel...

Not because of age, but because of complications, multiples deliveries, or a subsequent pregnancy needing a section (like when their previous children had to have an emergency section)...all of which are more prevalent among older women.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 3:52:35 PM
Author: neatfreak

I wasn''t aware that older women were more likely to have c-sections? I''d probably fall into that category and didn''t seem to be more of an option for me due to age! I think it''s more a vanity thing here, or general distaste for pain (elective c-sections). Like I said a friend of mine pretty much told me you can ''let your doctor know you''re scared of labor'' but she was on the Upper East Side which has a reputation for being a bit hoighty toighty (I used to live there a few years ago, so I can say that
emwink.gif

Not because of age, but because of complications, multiples deliveries, or a subsequent pregnancy needing a section...all of which are more prevalent among older women.
Interesting. Just haven''t seen it in my own rudimentary, unscientific observations. I know so many "older" women (35+) pregnant for the first time with zero complications or multiple deliveries. My 2 friends who did receive c-sections (due to complications) are actually both under 30.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 12:43:11 PM
Author:Peepa
Anyone here have a doctor in the south bay who was happy to oblige to wanting a scheduled c-section? Any referrals?
Thanks for posting this thread Peepa. I have questions about this as well and would love to know what you wind up finding out.

ETA: i'm in the south bay/peninsula as well

---
For everyone else what constitues an 'older' woman giving birth? Over 35? Over 40?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2009 3:54:47 PM
Date: 1/16/2009 3:52:35 PM

Author: neatfreak

I wasn't aware that older women were more likely to have c-sections? I'd probably fall into that category and didn't seem to be more of an option for me due to age! I think it's more a vanity thing here, or general distaste for pain (elective c-sections). Like I said a friend of mine pretty much told me you can 'let your doctor know you're scared of labor' but she was on the Upper East Side which has a reputation for being a bit hoighty toighty (I used to live there a few years ago, so I can say that
emwink.gif

Not because of age, but because of complications, multiples deliveries, or a subsequent pregnancy needing a section...all of which are more prevalent among older women.
Interesting. Just haven't seen it in my own rudimentary, unscientific observations. I know so many 'older' women (35+) pregnant for the first time with zero complications or multiple deliveries. My 2 friends who did receive c-sections (due to complications) are actually both under 30.

Here's an article which cites two well known scientific articles that explored the higher rates of c-sections among older mothers:

http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20070312/older-moms-have-more-c-sections

And FWIW I'm certainly not doubting that in some areas like the UES that women are electing to have c-sections, but I just think that the high prevalence of c-sections in wealthy neighborhoods are probably more likely to be caused by more older women giving birth in most areas of the US rather than elective c-sections.

Sorry, I can't shut off my health sciences researcher brain.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results