shape
carat
color
clarity

Want a 1.6ct ring --- VS2 or SI1?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jsparrow

Rough_Rock
I am looking at ASG0 + H&A diamonds that are 1.6ct

VS1 or VS2
I am looking for a 1.6ct diamond and noticed that the price for a VS2 and SI1 is significantly different. Since the diamond is of considerable size, does that mean I should go with the VS2?

H or I
Is there a noticeable difference in color when I drop from an H to an I? Do you think it is something that my gf might think wasn''t very good quality if it was an "I" grade?

Thanks

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
most people would go to SI1 before they drop to I. As to quality, cut determines how beautiful it is, not the color grade.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 1:56:37 AM
Author: JulieN
most people would go to SI1 before they drop to I. As to quality, cut determines how beautiful it is, not the color grade.
VS2 is still very high clarity, and should be eye-clean. Many SI''s are also eye clean and represent tremendous values. I don''t mind I color (or J color), but I think color is slightly more noticeable to the naked eye than clarity especiallly when you are talking VS1-SI1 range.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 1:55:05 AM
Author:jsparrow
I am looking at ASG0 + H&A diamonds that are 1.6ct

VS1 or VS2
I am looking for a 1.6ct diamond and noticed that the price for a VS2 and SI1 is significantly different. Since the diamond is of considerable size, does that mean I should go with the VS2?

H or I
Is there a noticeable difference in color when I drop from an H to an I? Do you think it is something that my gf might think wasn''t very good quality if it was an ''I'' grade?

Thanks
one last thing...the center stone in my avatar is an H and the others around it are an I...can you tell the difference??? I can''t and I''ve stared at this ring for endless hours. They are all either SI or VS2 by the way.

dixxin

Rough_Rock
Definitely go for the SI1 IF it''s eyeclean if not, go look for an eyeclean SI1, you''ll save yourself enough for a bigger rock.

Re the colour, it will depend on your personal colour sensitivity, my fiancee is ultra sensitive and can tell a E from an F.. so ended up with a D instead to stop the nagging :razz:

On colour, take a look for yourself, if the "I" is clear enough for you, save the money and again - have a bigger rock.

my own 2cent.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would drop to SI1 from VS2 if it is eye clean before dropping in color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results