shape
carat
color
clarity

Wannabe Cut Geek needs assistance

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I checked out the ideal scope site, and saw all these great new toys. I'm gonna get the ASET scope and the Ideal Scope.

Now the one question that I have is: the 10x loupe, is that a good one?

He did create the idealscope tool, and there isn't a premium loupe option so... $12 for a great loupe? Are there better options for equal or similar money? Or much better options for very slightly more money?

Is there a PS discount as well? Just wondering since I see Garry hanging out here from time to time :D

Thanks for the help

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I use the blue and white loupe that is sold by Garry all the time in my own work. It is every bit as good as loupes selling for 10 times the price. I also use one of the 10x regular loupes such as Garry sells at a second location and in my travel bag. It works good enough for occasional use by a professional and is totally okay, too. When it gets down to super fine grading, one must have a stereo vision microscope with darkfield illumination to see most VVS type inclusions. A hand held 10x loupe really is the way to make the rough separation between (IF/VVS)- (VS)-(SI)-(I1)(I2)(I3) grades. Then one fine tunes the decision with a microscope and proper illumination for any of these grades above I1.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for that Oldminer! I only see one loupe at www.ideal-scope.com though, selling for $12. Can someone who is allowed to post sites point out where the white and blue loupe is being sold at? Much appreciated.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Oh. Found the site. Found oldminer too. :))

Hmm... where was that loupe thread

RayEarth

Rough_Rock
Garry sells the blue-and-white loupe on his site? Sorry I was looking for one as Garry ships to Australia for $16....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results