color
clarity

Wanna help me pick a paint colour?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
stealcreamycreamintoncream.jpg

Steel

Ideal_Rock
So that is it for now. The garage door is arriving at the end of the month and until that comes we can't take all the tools out of the house and until we can do that we can't move that heap of wood in this room - which is the sub floor for the wooden flooring. So we are on hold until then. Except of course we have to prepare the garage for the door - thankfully we got the ceiling plastered out there and we 'just' have to paint the ceiling, cut out the external leaf, prepare the reveals, plaster and get it installed. Piece of cake. :errrr:

If you are interested in that, though it is off topic... here is us demolishing the internal leaf of what will be the garage door entrance. You remember, this place was home sweet home for us for 2 years!

So, in the run up to Christmas we will: install the garage door, clean all the tools out to the garage, paint the master bed, install coving in the master bed, install the sub floor in this room and our master bed, install the oak flooring on top of that and treat it. Simples!

stealgarage1.jpg

stealgarage2.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love the color you picked! Simple and classic! I can't wait to see what you do with furniture and accessories.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen said:
I love the color you picked! Simple and classic! I can't wait to see what you do with furniture and accessories.

So sorry! I didn't see your reply. Thanks Elrohwen. But furniture is a distant dream - but I am dreaming of Chesterfields....in brown leather...on sale...for 50p.... :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous!

Wait... you lived in the garage?

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
It looks fabulous!

Wait... you lived in the garage?

Thanks Dreamer!

Don't tell me you didn't know? I moaned about it often enough. If you look at my avatar, that was taken in the garage. You can just make out the pile of wood behind us - it reads solid oak flooring. Until I bought that, the place was actually bearable but with xxxxsqft of oak flooring there was no living space left over. Bad points: it was very dark and we became light sensitive, there was no heating over the coldest winters we have had in my living memory, there was little storage and organisation and obviously it was 'open plan' so no privacy. Good points: it was ours.
Once we sold our 1st home in '06 ish we move into rented with one cat. I wanted to build the garage first and move into it but we decided to have some luxury and rent. It was difficult to find good rental accom as this was the peak of the boom and people were reluctant to allow us to have a pet on the premises. So we paid premium rent and got a one terrible rental property after another. We moved 5 times in a year and a half (I forget exactly) and it was too hard. I can't tell you the amount of 'friends' that have screwed us over when we were down. :nono: ;( So the long and the short of it is that we decided we had had enough and we moved into our garage. We couldn't take one more day of crazy landlords. The problem was that before we moved in, the garage didn't even have electricity,water, a door, windows, sewage etc. We moved like the clappers and managed to get it done with 1 day to spare. We built the house by direct labour -hiring some contractors but mostly doing it ourselves and at this stage we had run out of money and so we have been building the house bit by bit when money comes in. Which is why it took us 2 years to make this house habitable. Little by little, you name it and together we have done it. Finally in May we moved in and it has been amazing. It is still not finished but downstairs will be fully habitable by December - painted and floored I mean. We still don't have furniture, doors (!), cabinets, skirting, architrave etc etc. But it is coming together.

(And let me say, my DH is amazing, I love him for all the hard work he has done here and the support he gave me. He is a keeper. If you are reading - I love you, honey!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results