shape
carat
color
clarity

Wanna go to Oz or NZ? Qantas is having a massive fare sale - like $600 RT!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, thought I''d share this because I know there are some folks here who love Oz (or are expats living in the US).

Qantas is running a fare sale through March 20th. The sale prices are good from now until October 24th. Cheapest fares ROUNDTRIP are out of LAX or SFO to Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Auckland for $598, although I have no idea what the dates are for those fares. New York to those cities is $798. Still dirt cheap!

I wanted to see a friend get married in September and absolutely thought something was wrong when I saw the one way was $333. TGuy and I just booked our tix for $714 each...still an awesome deal!

It''s been a long time since I''ve seen fares this low. They probably did this for one week because Delta just officially announced this week that they will be flying to Oz beginning July. I would way prefer to fly qantas because they fly to Oz several times a day. If your Delta (or United) flight gets cancelled, you''re SOL.

Also, Qantas has the new 380, which is a great plane (flew it in December). Even coach is good! The A380 flies out between LAX on Sundays, Wednesday and Fridays.

Here''s the link...I hope some of you can visit the land downunder!

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn/am/specials/us/visit-australia?int_cam=us:qf:15

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Does it work in reverse? I wanna go to the US for a holiday :D.

ETA: Just looked it up and it doesn't
7.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 1:55:51 AM
Author: Deelight
Does it work in reverse? I wanna go to the US for a holiday :D.

ETA: Just looked it up and it doesn''t
7.gif
Are you sure? Check Delta then...they may be trying to get the business coming this way.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I checked our end and I am pretty sure it is not on offer however I will check Delta :), thanks T-Gal :D

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I checked Delta and their flights are actually cheaper (I used October 1-15th of Oct) from SYD-LAX and it came down to $527.644 USD return :D, sweet I might have to talk to FI I am rearing for another trip :D.

ETA: Not sure if that includes taxes though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 2:16:34 AM
I checked Delta and their flights are actually cheaper (I used October 1-15th of Oct) from SYD-LAX and it came down to $527.644 USD return :D, sweet I might have to talk to FI I am rearing for another trip :D.

ETA: Not sure if that includes taxes though.
I think they add on taxes at the end? Still a great price.

I just checked Delta for the same dates we have on our Qantas flight. $717 was Delta''s price so Qantas was 3 bucks cheaper for a better plane and better scheduling. I''ve never flown Delta internationally but I can tell you that United''s flight to Sydney left a lot to be desired.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
TGAL!!! You rock! We are so using this to book our wedding trip. We were planning on leaving LAX on Oct 28th, but what's a few extra days in NZ?!?!?
31.gif

Thank you so much for posting this.
We may even buy the next one up where you get an extra stopover so we can hit the great barrier reef for a lil shark dive! So excited! Booking the tix is making this all so real!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 2:37:41 PM
Author: CrookedRock
TGAL!!! You rock! We are so using this to book our wedding trip. We were planning on leaving LAX on Oct 28th, but what''s a few extra days in NZ?!?!?
31.gif

We may even buy the next one up where you get an extra stopover so we can hit the great barrier reef for a lil shark dive! So excited! Booking the tix is making this all so real!
CR, I think the fare sale is through Oct 24. Can you still use it?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the link TGal! My uncle and aunt live in NZ so I just passed this on to my mother. She might not make it to my cousin''s wedding in Rarotonga in September so this might be a nice alternative.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eeeeeeek! This place is so great at spending my money. I just looked at some awesome hotels in NZ on www.slh.com - and because the exchange rate, you can live like a king in ocean front suites for like $200 a night.

Thanks for posting this, Tgal!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
No problem all! I couldn''t believe my luck...so happy my friend confirmed the wedding date this week.

Lauren, are ya going??

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I thought I''d post that Air NZ is having a very similar fare sale with similar travel dates if for some reason the Qantas schedule doesn''t work out for you.

LTP- I hear you on the living like kings bit! FI and I are staying in our own little beach front bungalow in Rarotonga for $800 for two weeks! I''m so excited.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 5:11:37 PM
Author: TravelingGal
No problem all! I couldn't believe my luck...so happy my friend confirmed the wedding date this week.

Lauren, are ya going??
Seriously, seriously thinking about it. My birthday is October 12th, so we were thinking of doing another trip to Europe sometime before/during that time.

I had just inquired about a lovely apartment on Cap d'Ali for sometime in September, and it was a steal! Then we started looking at airfare, and we just hadn't made up our minds yet.

But, the hotel I'm thinking of is free the weeks I'm thinking of flying out.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 5:15:31 PM
Author: Clairitek
I thought I''d post that Air NZ is having a very similar fare sale with similar travel dates if for some reason the Qantas schedule doesn''t work out for you.

LTP- I hear you on the living like kings bit! FI and I are staying in our own little beach front bungalow in Rarotonga for $800 for two weeks! I''m so excited.
Holy moly! That''s an awesome deal! I''d be excited, too!!!!

Do you have a link to the hotel?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, do it Lauren!

I am jealous. I SO want to go to NZ. I never thought I''d be saying, "Sydney, AGAIN?" All my vacation for the last 5 years has been eaten up by trips to Oz. I love Oz, don''t get me wrong, but there''s so much more I want to go see!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 4:05:56 PM

TGAL!!! You rock! We are so using this to book our wedding trip. We were planning on leaving LAX on Oct 28th, but what''s a few extra days in NZ?!?!?
31.gif

Heck yah! We''re just going to go early and stay longer. It''s basically 2 for 1 at that price! We can spend the money down there instead!
9.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 5:50:21 PM
I am jealous. I SO want to go to NZ. I never thought I''d be saying, ''Sydney, AGAIN?'' All my vacation for the last 5 years has been eaten up by trips to Oz. I love Oz, don''t get me wrong, but there''s so much more I want to go see!!
Haha! I''m starting to feel the same way. Amazingly I''ve never been to Europe, but this will be my second trip to NZ and our honeymoon to Africa will be my third time there! The there''s Argentina and I''m going on my third trip there this year too. I may just have to give up on that whole Europe thing.
8.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 5:52:36 PM

Date: 3/18/2009 4:05:56 PM

31.gif

Heck yah! We''re just going to go early and stay longer. It''s basically 2 for 1 at that price! We can spend the money down there instead!
9.gif
YAY! Yes, it really is two for one. It even feels cheaper than that for me because the last two years we went peak season during christmas. We paid $2800 PER TICKET. Can you imagine what extra bling I could have bought with that? So 700 bucks feels like a major bargain.

I''m looking at hotels now. fun fun!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t stop looking at hotels! NZ has some amazing places... I can''t even stand it. I feel like every one I find is better than the next! I''m having so much fun planning.
So you''re going back to OZ?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, we are going back to Oz. We''re going for a wedding (a guy I met in the hostel the same night as TGuy. We all have kept in touch over the years and have visited as well). I''m trying to find someplace different to stay. I love travel planning!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hmmm, have a wedding in Brisbane in June. Bad timing for the whole family, but....but.... Not the best season/weather? Travel time gives me pause.... whine whine

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 6:41:44 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Hmmm, have a wedding in Brisbane in June. Bad timing for the whole family, but....but.... Not the best season/weather? Travel time gives me pause.... whine whine

cheers--Sharon
I love Australia in the winter - detest it in the summer. Because of bugs, blech!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 6:44:14 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon
I love Australia in the winter - detest it in the summer. Because of bugs, blech!
HI:

What kind of bugs?
9.gif
I''ve been thru SE Asia--nothing phases me now....

I adore the heat, can never be hot enough for me.....

cheers--Sharon

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh my dream vacation!!! My grandparents used to spend winters there every year, split between Oz and NZ..my mom went once for 3 weeks..someday I hope I can go too!!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you SOOO much for posting this!
I''ve been trying to convince DH to go... as I would love to try to dig up my own black opal!! (hee hee) Or at least go visit opals down under in person!!

This is a perfect anniversary trip -- thanks again!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon

June in Brisbane is the BEST weather - it is lovely the coldest it gets at night you throw on a cardie, you can still wear thongs (otherwise known as flip flops) or sandals all year round and most of the bugs go somewhere away.

Quantas just sent me and email today, it wasn't on their website so it is definitly both ways prices are pretty good :).

ETA: You need to take the exchange rate into account so it is still higher here but comparable prices.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oooh so exciting travelingal!! SO and i are hoping to head home (from canada) in March for a friend''s wedding -hopefully we''ll be able to get something like that then
21.gif
and of course flying out of LAX gives the added bonus of a westcoast road trip!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 8:37:37 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon

June in Brisbane is the BEST weather - it is lovely the coldest it gets at night you throw on a cardie, you can still wear thongs (otherwise known as flip flops) or sandals all year round and most of the bugs go somewhere away.

Quantas just sent me and email today, it wasn''t on their website so it is definitly both ways prices are pretty good :).

ETA: You need to take the exchange rate into account so it is still higher here but comparable prices.
HI:

Thank you for the encouragement. I am a heat lover and should therefore travel there in your summer!

cheers--Sharon

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 6:12:52 PM
Yes, we are going back to Oz. We''re going for a wedding (a guy I met in the hostel the same night as TGuy. We all have kept in touch over the years and have visited as well). I''m trying to find someplace different to stay. I love travel planning!!
That''s so neat! Crazy how things work...

We book our tix last night and we''re sooo excited! 3 weeks in NZ! I can''t believe after 9 years we are getting married... Never would have guessed that at 17!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 8:37:57 PM
Date: 3/18/2009 8:37:37 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon

Quantas just sent me and email today, it wasn't on their website so it is definitly both ways prices are pretty good :).

HI:

Thank you for the encouragement. I am a heat lover and should therefore travel there in your summer!

cheers--Sharon
1.gif

If you can handle humidity in summer then heat shouldn't be an issue
36.gif
, that is usually what gets people even from other parts of Australia after living here my whole life I am used to it but I can't handle dry heat that makes me feel sick. Best parts of summer here is spent at the beach or in Air-con with or without a beer :).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results