shape
carat
color
clarity

Walmart ups the ante by staying open for Thanksgiving

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, I hate that stores are open on Thanksgiving. I worked retail in high school and college and I HATED working on holidays. (Blockbuster was ALWAYS open back then, ugh.) Many of my students will be working on Thanksgiving day, and I wish I could go around bringing hot meals to all of them.

I've never understood the whole Black Friday shopping craziness.

I do my very best to stay out of all stores between Thanksgiving and January 1st. Too much craziness. I don't even like going grocery shopping at peak hours during the week--I always go right between 4 and 5 when everyone else is driving home from work. Heck, I can't even shop at Costco, it's too big and busy, I get dizzy.

I will, however, brave a movie theatre no matter the crowds. My family's tradition is to spend the entire Friday after Thanksgiving either at the movies, or in our PJs at home watching movies, depending on the weather.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not a fan of Walmart. But when we drove cross country 4 years ago it really opened my eyes to what the store means in some communities. I can see both sides. I know that for some the holidays can be a very lonely and hard time of year... and that working and getting paid time and a half can be a good thing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results