shape
carat
color
clarity

Walmart keepsake ring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
I was looking at the Walmart keepsake facets of fire 1ct princess ring. 14kt white gold.

It''s an I in color, which I''m fine with, but also I2 in clarity.
6.gif
$2,984. I know I could find BETTER prices on a similar stone if I looked hard enough, but is that price reasonable for such a ring?

Do you guys think the cut, the "facets of fire" would at all make up for the awful clarity? Are keepsake rings generally nice? I had a 5 stone keepsake ring, small stones, it sparkled like CRAZY, it was an I2 as well. A stone became loose after 2 months so I returned it. I loved that ring, but maybe the sparkle was better because the stones were smaller?

Walmart also offers a ring with similar stats except they offer no color, or clarity rating. I called and emailed, nobody can get me an answer. They say its "IGI certified" and goes for just under $2,000. The keepsake must be better than this unknown disaster?

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can find a gia graded stone for half of that price.
did you try doing a search for more options?

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
There are really sparkly I2 stones out there, but those inclusions will always be there and it depends on how obvious they are. Could you live with the ones in this ring? I have a lovely antique I1 3 stone ring (1cttw) with old cut stones that I love but I can''t really see any inclusions at all, so I''m OK with that. It may be because the stones aren''t too big or it may just be that my eyes aren''t so good these days.
2.gif

But you do get what you pay for, by and large, and I''d say go for the best quality you can get for your budget. I''d say go for an I or J colour, no lower than SI2 (unless the vendor can assure you that the inclusions in an included stone are very slight) and as good a cut as you can get. Size isn''t everything either - believe it or not!

Have a good look around before you commit your hard earned cash.

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. My husband told me to find a merchant we can use that accepts Bill Me Later (he would rather do that than use a normal credit card for this). There aren''t that many...
Diamond.com and Ashford.com both offer I color, I-1''s in the premade rings. You can build your own, but I have a coupon code that takes 20% off of premade rings there (plus I think 5% cash back through ebates). Thats a significant savings.

I''m upgrading from a 1/3 carat SI-I, I color princess. I got it a couple years into the marriage, and now this upgrade of my dream one carat will be at 7 years.

1.gif

I was just wondering if that facets of fire walmart has is worth anything. Oh well ... its super easy to return so I could always give it a shot. I''m trying to keep this around $2,000 to $3500(ish) for stone and setting. I''m not particular about perfection. Like I said, the I color is great, and flaws won''t bother me if my eyes don''t just jump right to them. I think I will just give it a try.

Thanks again.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What did the setting look like? Was that part of the appeal of the ring? What were the measurements of the stone? I was going to try and find you something with a simlair size in terms of of face up. GOG has some really pretty princess cuts as does WF both offer pcitures and idealscope shots of the stones. Personally I would not spend 3k on a ring with out beign 110% in love with it, though that is just me.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
WhiteFlash Options in your price range GOG Princess Cut Stones
Item Code: GIA14277170
Price: $3,388.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Princess
Carat: 1.23
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 75.9
Table: 72
Girdle: THK-VTK
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.86-5.61X4.26
Length/Width: 1.04
This one from WF could be great and it is in your price range, perhaps if you called they could send you some pictures and idealscope images.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarah-
I bought my diamond earrings from Ashford and think they are beautiful. They are H/VS and sparkle like mad. I also have recieved jewelry from diamond.com but they are more gemstones with diamond accents so I am not sure what the quality of their diamonds are. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results