shape
carat
color
clarity

Walk down the isle songs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies, the first dance song inspired me to see what you other ladies are having as your walk down the isle song (does that actually have a proper name?)

Here is ours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJMH-NfHykw

The first week we were together, FI spend his whole fortnightly allowance on CD for a fabulous new song from an up and coming Irish band - the Corrs and this has forever been our song. Since we are running away for a destination wedding, it''s just perfect for us, and there has never been a doubt as to what our song will be. Everytime I have heard this song, I think of my beautiful man.

I quite often play it to myself in the car and get all emotional thinking of how perfect our wedding will be - I just can''t wait!!!

Can''t wait to hear what you have all picked! Maybe some other songs for before the bridal party arrives too - I need inspiration soon for my playlist

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great song to pick, it has so much meaning for you guys! Our processional song was 'From This Moment' by Shania Twain. Every time I heard it prior to our wedding it sent shivers down my spine, and I always pictured myself walking down the isle to it on my wedding day!!
30.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Honey I LOVE that song. I totally forgot it existed until just now!

We are going traditional with our church music. Our Processional is Canon in D (Pachelbel) I will be walking down to the Traditional Bridal Chorus (Wagner) and our recessional is Trumpet Voluntary (Clarke) which my parents actually had at their wedding too.
9.gif

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
I really want to play "La Vie en Rose". I used to play the flute for like million years so I am going to use the instrumental version played by James Gallaway (who happens to be an awesome flute player).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t Help Falling in Love--the version from Elvis, but on the piano.

It''s Vegas, I had to get Elvis in there somehow.

Youtube link

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll be walking down the aisle to "At Last" by Etta James. I''ve always known I wanted to walk down the aisle to that song, even before I met FI! I just looove it!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi - I loved that song. My sister loves it. She wanted to sing it when she eventually gets married (we both used to be singers) but it makes her cry everytime she does
1.gif

museikchik - how spooky that you should mention that song! It''s one of my Dad''s favorite songs!!! I am trying to work it into our wedding somewhere, maybe for the father daughter dance? Just a gorgeous gorgeous song!

PearlDahhhling - classic classic classic! It''s our first dance song, and we will maybe have it playing after our ceremony. Love it to bits, sends shivers down my spine everytime! Actually, I am opening up Itunes now so I can dream about our wedding
37.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
our processional was a piano-only version of ben folds'' "the luckiest", my processional was "glasgow love theme" from the movie love actually, and our recessional was "pm love theme" also by craig armstrong and in the movie love actually. DH and i watched this movie together on one of our very first dates, so it always stuck with us, i guess!
here''s links to all three:
"The Luckiest"
"Glasgow Love Theme"
"PM Love Theme"

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
sea of love by cat power
youtube link

although i keep wanting to change it to pearl jam''s oceans (i''d start it close to the 2nd verse)

youtube link

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 2:24:59 AM
Author: honey22
DandiAndi - I loved that song. My sister loves it. She wanted to sing it when she eventually gets married (we both used to be singers) but it makes her cry everytime she does
1.gif

museikchik - how spooky that you should mention that song! It''s one of my Dad''s favorite songs!!! I am trying to work it into our wedding somewhere, maybe for the father daughter dance? Just a gorgeous gorgeous song!

PearlDahhhling - classic classic classic! It''s our first dance song, and we will maybe have it playing after our ceremony. Love it to bits, sends shivers down my spine everytime! Actually, I am opening up Itunes now so I can dream about our wedding
37.gif
That is funny. When I was in high school (and middle school) I took French classes. When we were in high school we used to do a mock French Wedding to understand more of their culture. I was the one who was able to perform "La Vie En Rose" on my flute for the ceremony and have loved it ever since. I was trying to think of a sneaky way to incorporate it in the wedding. I think it would be wonderful if it was your father/daughter dance song since that it is one of his favorites. I still have to figure out a father/daughter dance song of my own.
6.gif

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is Ava Maria by Beyonce. I knew the minute I heard her version this was the song. I have a bit of a Beyonce theme going on for the wedding haha. I am a HUGE fan. lol
3.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh Honey, I hadn''t heard that song but I like it!

Freke, why don''t you just have elvis marry you???

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because I''m just not that big of an Elvis fan. I don''t want some Elvis impersonator marrying us! But this song brings tears to my eyes...

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Museik, Our processional (for the bridal party) will be La Vie En Rose!
Pear, Our recessional will be At Last

The bridal processional will be What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. My FI loves that song :)

My cousins are playing for us during the ceremony :)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Honey Soooo beautiful!!! Love it, love it, love it! Esp. that there''s a story about it!

DMB
30.gif
30.gif
CATPOWER
30.gif
30.gif
This song is perfect. Oh gosh. I don''t know why I didn''t think of it myself. I''d use it for my own wedding
2.gif
cept stealing a song from a PSer is like stealing a song from.. idk.. an IRL friend
3.gif
Wow. It''ll be phenomenal, though. If I was attending your wedding, i''d be bawling my eyes out!!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
My friends sister is singing for us at our engagement party/suprise wedding, since she will be on her own with a guitar or keyboard i wanted a song that would stand out...

Cat Powers, Sea of Love (juno soundtrack)

So there will be this single voice with singing...

Come with me
My Love
Into the sea
The sea of Love
I want to tell you
How much i love Youuuuuuuuu.............
emlove.gif

Ha ha it''s about the only part i do have planned!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Processional: the traditional "Here Comes the Bride" by Wagner...not too unique, sorry!
Recessional: undecided, but probably Trumpet Voluntary.
First Dance: "For my Wedding" by Don Henley

There''s a good story here! Our church as this fantastic organ, one of the "best in the nation" and my mother insists on organ music for the processional and recessional. It doesn''t really bother me all that much, we are fairly traditional people. However, I really wanted contemporary piano music ala Dave Barnes, etc for the wedding. I gave in, and in the grand scheme of things its not that important.

Freke: That''s one of my favorite songs of all time. I''m not a huge Elvis fan, but I am a major fan of I Can''t Help Falling in Love! Awesome choice! It will def. be played at our reception!

Doodle: I love the music from Love Actually!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Honey I had forgotten that song but I love it - so beautiful :).

Our processional - will be Parchabels Cannon, not original but FI told me about a song his sister walked down the aisle to that he loved years ago and then when I was randomly youtube-ing one day I stumbled across that song and wanted him to hear it - happened to be the same song so a string quartet will be playing that for us

Ressional- no idea

First dance - For once in my life Michael Buble, the plan is on getting dance lessons and this song is beautiful but it has a beat that can be danced too :)

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:47:25 PM
Author: PilsnPinkysMom

DMB
30.gif
30.gif
CATPOWER
30.gif
30.gif
This song is perfect. Oh gosh. I don''t know why I didn''t think of it myself. I''d use it for my own wedding
2.gif
cept stealing a song from a PSer is like stealing a song from.. idk.. an IRL friend
3.gif
Wow. It''ll be phenomenal, though. If I was attending your wedding, i''d be bawling my eyes out!!

please use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a perfect song!
you said you''d bawl your eyes out - thats part of the reason i might switch to oceans!!!
i went down to the place where our ceremony will be with my ipod yesterday and walked the walk with the music....for sea of love i started crying....for oceans i walked down smiling and singing along. i have a huge fear that i will bawl my eyes out walking down the aisle and not be able to say my vows so that may be the reason i change it.

oceans is far from a processional song, but i am a huge pearl jam fan (as much as DMB) and its perfect for ME. the second verse i''d use is:
"You dont have to stray
The oceans away
Waves roll in my thoughts
Hold tight the ring...
The sea will rise...
Please stand by the shore...
Oh, oh, oh, I will be...
I will be there once more..."
but its more the WAY ed sings it than the lyrics....its just a beautiful song to me.

i''ll keep you posted on what i end up using! :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re having "The Prayer" sung by the gospel choir. I absolutely adore it.

NuggetBrain

Shiny_Rock
Our processional is going to be Ave Maria, my walking song is going to be Pachabel''s Canon in D, and we haven''t decided what we''re doing for our recessional.

But I really want our first dance to be "Love Me Tender" but the version by Nora Jones.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Processional was Sheep May Safely Graze - Bach (it''s what my mom walked to) and recessional was Hornpipe from Water Music - Handel, played outdoors with a string trio and trumpet. I liked the selections because they were very traditional, but not necessarily typical.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
This is the only song we''ve decided on!

Joshua Radin- Today
30.gif

Youtube Link

It is the only song that I can see myself walking down the aisle to.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Well, we''re pretty non-traditional and I''ve been obsessing over Vitamin String Quartet''s cover of Hallelujah by Paramore (I don''t even listen to Paramore!) for the processional. And there''s also All I Want is You from the Juno soundtrack and Amazing Grace by Surfjan Stevens. I guess it depends on which venue we book in the end.

The only song we''ve decided on is Life in Technicolor by Coldplay for the recessional.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
We''re going the not-so-traditional route.

Processional: Hey There Delilah (Instrumental)
me: Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World
Recessional: Peanuts Theme Song (on Piano) - FI is a HUGE fan, so it fits :)

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I''ll be walking down the isle to Ben Harper''s Forever.

I really want to sing it to FI during our reception, while having our oldest son play guitar. But I can''t seem to sing it without crying. (darn it!)

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
"Into My Arms" by Nick Cave. :)

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 1:26:30 PM
Author: DMBFiredancer
Date: 4/4/2009 10:47:25 PM

Author: PilsnPinkysMom

DMB
30.gif
30.gif
CATPOWER
30.gif
30.gif
2.gif
3.gif

please use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is a perfect song!

you said you''d bawl your eyes out - thats part of the reason i might switch to oceans!!!

i went down to the place where our ceremony will be with my ipod yesterday and walked the walk with the music....for sea of love i started crying....for oceans i walked down smiling and singing along. i have a huge fear that i will bawl my eyes out walking down the aisle and not be able to say my vows so that may be the reason i change it.

oceans is far from a processional song, but i am a huge pearl jam fan (as much as DMB) and its perfect for ME. the second verse i''d use is:

''You dont have to stray

The oceans away

Waves roll in my thoughts

Hold tight the ring...

The sea will rise...

Please stand by the shore...

Oh, oh, oh, I will be...

I will be there once more...''

but its more the WAY ed sings it than the lyrics....its just a beautiful song to me.

i''ll keep you posted on what i end up using! :)

Gosh, I love both of those songs. Can''t go wrong, either way. Even if Ocean makes you smile now, you still may be so happy and overwhelmed to be married that you''ll cry anyway
2.gif
Keep me updated... I''m curious to know which you choose!!!

Funny thing about Cat Power... So, she sings a version of Cat Stevens "How Can I Tell You" on that awful, cheesy DeBeers commercial... And my parents played "How Can I Tell You" before their processional started (Catholic church.. couldn''t actually play it during the ceremony). I REALLLLY wanted to Cat Power version, but turns out she''s a partial-sell-out (aren''t most musicians?) and only recorded a 30sec clip for DeBeers and Will.Not.Record. the full version. Poo!

I just may gank Ocean of Love from you. Man. It makes me all emo. just thinking about it
39.gif

Our wedding party is walking to All I Want Is You-- Vitamin String Quartet cover of U2 and our recessional is Hands- The Raconteurs (here)
10.gif
We wanted a super fun song for that... so... yep!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m not engaged yet but we decided on Long Trip Alone by Dierks Bentley. I can''t wait.....

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow you guys have such awesome songs!! So creative!!!

Freke - FI and I love Elvis'' version of Can''t Help Falling in Love - such a wonderful song. I''d love to incorporate that song.

Dannielle - I''ve been listening to Joshua Radin lately and he has some great stuff!! Some of my favorites so far are Winter, I''d Rather Be With You (such a great beat!), Closer (starts 1 min in),and Only You. I''d love to use some of these at my wedding - the music is so romantic and fun!

I''m loving this Vitamin String Quartet - I''ve never heard of them! But I just found this one after looking into them - I love me some Switchfoot. Dare You to Move

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results