shape
carat
color
clarity

Waiting is sooooo hard!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I''ve been posting in the colored gemstones section, but I am so excited that I thought I would post here too.

It''s taken me a very long time to decide on an e-ring stone. I had a gorgeous EC diamond in layaway at a local BM (and I had wanted to get a three-stone ring from WhiteFlash before that, but decided not to when we had a financial scare).

Anyway, we still owed a lot on our layaway, and I came across Whites Gemstones'' website. I fell in love with a purple spinel and I decided I was going to get a refund on my layaway and buy that stone. Since Jeff White and I are from the same area, I met up with him and bought it!

I took it straight to the jeweler and selected a Stuller Solstice setting with the Bombe shank in 14k white gold. I should have it by the end of next week... Waiting is sooooooo hard!

Anyway, the stone is 2.15 carats, 8.1 mm. I''ll attach a pic of the setting and the stone.

Please let me know what you think... Do you all think they will look good together? I would have loved to have gone custom, but my budget was a little tight! Still, I am bewitched by my stone and I like the setting a lot.

stacyspinel1.jpg

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the setting...

stullersetting1.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that stone is gorgeous. It certainly has the presence to stand on it''s own in that setting. I can''t wait to see it finished.

shay

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Stacy, that is a gorgeous stone and setting...I am certain that they will make a beautiful ring! Please come back and post hand shots when it arrives, I bet it will be perfect on your hand!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Can''t wait to see it! Congrats

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oooo that''s going to look beautiful!
I love purple spinels!
Gorgeous!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, I love the color, and I think it will be STUNNING in that setting!!!
30.gif

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
That is going to be absolutely gorgeous! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the faceting on your stone! How beautiful!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the kind words! I can''t wait to see the finished product. Trust me -- I will definitely take some photos and post them here when I get the ring back next week.

Best of all, for me, is that this ring is totally within our budget right now and I won''t feel any guilt at all for wearing it! I know that''s silly and as much as I would love to have something big involving diamonds, I feel much better having this.

Besides, the FI has been warned that once he gets his PhD and gets a "real" job, he''ll be flanking this spinel with diamonds! haha!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well it will look beautiful with its diamond friends one day
18.gif
But I think it will look very elegant in the solitare you posted.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The colored stone will make an very interesting ering. Congrats!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
I finally got my spinel back from the jeweler last week and I LOVE it! I don''t think the sun has been out all week, so I don''t have any sunny outdoor photos. I love the stone so much... It''s like there is a purple/pink fire inside of it. And the size it perfect. I am thrilled!

And the pics honestly don''t do the stone justice AT ALL!

febpics 043.jpg

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Another pic... I promise the stone is not quite so dark in person!

febpics 045.jpg

stacy

Shiny_Rock
And another... I''ll have to take more if the sun ever shines again! :)

febpics 044.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out so pretty!!! and I love that Stuller mounting. The head is one with the shank. Very smooth and polished. I think it looks beautiful!

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Ow Stacy that is beautiful. I cannot wait to see more pictures! I love it and think you made an excellent choice! Congrads!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Stacy it is beautiful! Congrats on such a lovely stone!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks just YUMMY! I lOVE the color.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! What a great combo!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oooo! I just love it!
30.gif
30.gif

It''s beautiful! More photos please!
36.gif
36.gif

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! What I love about your set is that you have your spinel set just like a classic diamond solitaire e-ring. You are letting the spinel stand on its own. Most colored gem e-rings I have seen have diamond pave or a more ornate setting(which I also like) -- but I love what you''ve done. You don''t see that everyday. I don''t think I''ve ever seen a set like yours. It looks awesome with the diamond band, too! I predict you may start a trend...

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Congrats!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
That''s really beatiful! I love the color and the setting you picked ROCKS the stone! Congrats! Well done!

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! I love the contrast of the purple against the white gold. Jeff White''s stones are all so gorgeous. I plan to purchase something from him, someday. Congratulations!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful! What a great looking set, I love it!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
That stone in that sleek setting looks great! Im glad you finally have it! Congrats!
36.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Has that sun come out yet? Can you show some additional photos?

Your ring is really lovely!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. Looks great with your skin tone!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful color! I love it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results