shape
carat
color
clarity

waiting impatiently no more! update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
ok, I am back with the engagement story and I will add some more pictures.....
so, we left for Riviera Maya, Mexico on March 3rd and headed to the resort. I had originally found the Gran Bahia Principe Tulum while looking for a place to hold our destination wedding. We found a great deal for the week we were planning to go on vacation, so we decided to go for it.
While we were walking around at the resort, I kept saying that the place was perfect, and pointing out how perfect the pictures would be, etc.
The second day we were laying on the beach, and I brought it up again, and my df says, "yeah, now we just have to get engaged" and I said, "yup" still hoping he had brought the ring. (I had been keeping my eyes out for any sign of a ring or my df acting suspicious- but nothing- so I was begining to wonder if he hadn''t brought it along.) so then he says, "too bad I didn''t bring it along"
WHAT? I didn''t say anything much, just said quietly "you really didn''t?" trying to hide my dissapointment. He then procedes to tell me that he was planning to ask me on my birthday (which is April)- well I couldn''t hide my feelings anymore- I had told him when we first started looking at rings that I did not want to get engaged on any holiday or my birthday because I didn''t want to be upset on every holiday that I wasn''t proposed to. My df is the worst secret keeper ever also, he tells me everything and can''t keep a straight face so I was begining to think he was serious. Throughout the day I kept saying "I can''t believe you were planning on asking me on my birthday! "He kept saying he was sorry and didn''t remember me saying that (which is also wierd, because he remembers everything)
at one point, he was trying to make a joke and said "well I thought that way I wouldn''t have to buy you a birthday present
We went to dinner and stopped at the bar to have a drink, I had pretty much calmed myself down and convinced myself that he hadn''t brought the ring to mexico- still thinking what a wienie for being "too scared to bring it to Mexico"
when we were at the bar my df was being kind of distant and just quiet... I asked him what was the matter and he said "I don''t know, I didn''t sleep very well last night, I''m kinda edgy, you want to go back to the room?" ok... it was only about 8 pm- but I was kind of tired also.
Ok, RATED R now...
we head back to the room and decide to take a bath. I get in first, and after about ten minutes of waiting for him I say "are you coming?" he''s like, yeah I''ll be right there...."
A few miniutes later, he gets into the tub and we are just relaxing, but he seemed uneasy...
He says, "since you didn''t want to wait until your birthday," and starts reaching for his shorts next to the tub, and pulls something out of his pocket-
he had wrapped it in paper towel and taped it with medical tape and then taped it inside the pocket of his shorts and had it in the carry on. He knew if he had it in the box I would find it!
I made him get out of the tub so that he could get down on one knee and ask me to marry him....
but if anyone in our family were to ask... we got engaged on the beach! HA!

LDubs

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats to you both :)
36.gif

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is gorgeous! And the proposal is too cute!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
congratulations again!

boys are so sneaky and mean when they do something nice for us.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, love the story! Good job for him being able to keep it a secret as long as he did! Medical tape is creative.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous and how wonderful that you were surprised!!!!!

Congratulations.
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
stunning ring! the propsal is great!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Haha! Happy "beach" engagement!
3.gif
Congrats on your engagement and beautiful ring! Woohoo!
36.gif

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Yey so happy for you! That ring is so gorgeous! I laughed so hard when you said "he proposed on the beach" hahaha. That is just too cute and funny.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Beautiful ring and great "beach" proposal! I love it!!
I''m so glad your not waiting impatiently anymore
9.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this?!!!!

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!
36.gif

I love your ring.
30.gif
It''s making me re-think a plain solitaire for my reset...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, what a beautiful ring!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
heh heh, enjoyed your beach proposal story ( and gorgeous ring)

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 3:06:04 PM
Author: Bia
How did I miss this?!!!!

WooHoo!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!
36.gif

I love your ring.
30.gif
It''s making me re-think a plain solitaire for my reset...
No kidding! Everything Bia said x2!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations - the ring is BEAUTIFUL
30.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Great story!

newbie777

Rough_Rock
Love your story and ring!!! I thought I always wanted a plain band... but your pave bands are amazing... do you know the designer? Love it!!!
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too funny! I love your x-rated proposal! Your ring is gorgeous! Congrats!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is gorgeous
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh! We need to make a sticky in the proposal forum for guys to NOT do X rated proposals because then you have to lie the rest of your life about the proposal! Very funny, though! Congratulations and your ring is gorgeous!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results