shape
carat
color
clarity

? w/ Prnicess IGI report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gagt01

Rough_Rock
HI Im thinking about purchasing a 1.21 H VS1 princess and jotted down some info off the igi card. Could you please tell me if these measurements are ok or a bit off? I dont know too much about this cut. Thanks!

5.54x5.36x4.58mm

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey gagto1
35.gif

is this from a chain store? the stone is on the deep side and maybe not a great cut. do you have the table measurement? (it will be a %)

Gagt01

Rough_Rock
Yes it is from a chain need the interest free fianacing and I dont have anything else unfortuntley. They didnt have a detailed report, just a small card. My concern was that the measurements didnt add up to the carat weight.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
a stone that is deep will carry it''s weight below the girdle, so it will face up smaller than a well cut stone of the same carat weight.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is also slightly rectangular.

You would probably be better off in the long run to buy a smaller stone with the money you have now with one of the vendors here with a good trade up policy. You will be paying about 100% or more premium for that interest free financing and getting a stone that is probably not nearly as attractive as the smaller stone that you can afford at this time.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but it is rare to see a well cut princess at a chain store and I have had enough young people through my doors with the garbage they bought with free financing to have a strong feeling about this kind of trap.

You might try visiting some of the better stores in your area. They may not have interest free financing, but they will have better stones and better value for the interest that you pay.

By the way, I looked into getting that kind of financing once. The penalties were so draconian that I decided against it in my client''s defence. Should you be late or miss a payment, they slap huge interest on you, RETROACTIVE to when you bought the ring. One person I know paid 500% for the cost of her item by the time she finished paying off all the retroactive interest. I was and am appalled that this type of deception is legal.

Wink

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By the numbers, you could find lots of 1 carat princess cut diamonds of the same size (area). There would be no difference showing once these stones are set in rings. The quarter carat extra will show on the price, and only there.

I do not know much about the financing schemes in general and definitely not much about the one you are looking into.

It is clear though that less expensive diamonds look the same.

Besides, IGI''s H-VS would probably match one or two grades lower by more strict labs (GIA & AGS, say). So if the price looks ''good'' relative to those - there is a reason.

About size:

Yours reads:
weight: 1.21
grades: H-VS1 (IGI)
size: 5.54x5.36x4.58mm

And a couple of better cut with less weight and at least the same size:

weight: 1.05
grades: H-SI1 (EGL)
size: 5.73x5.70x3.70 <------ This is a tad larger looking.

weight: 0.81
size: 5.46x5.26x3.65 <--------- about the same, well under 1 ct!
grades: H-VS2 (GIA)

weight: 0.83
size: 5.45x5.36x3.62 <--------- same story...
grades: I-VS2 (EGL)

So... if the idea was to get a ring of more than 1 ct, you will be the only one to know. This shows like less.
If savings would help, than it doesn''t seem worth to buy an expensive, small diamond.

My 2c

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results