shape
carat
color
clarity

VVS2: with a cavity and a feather

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VVS2 usually means zero concerns about clarity. The cavity is on the bottom. Do you have magnified photos of the stone? What does the vendor say about the cavity? As long as it is so tiny and slight that you can't see it, I see no reason to avoid the stone. However, I would never buy a diamond without pictures and hopefully light return images.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
guynextdoor|1447647420|3950148 said:
I was avoiding cavity and feather imperfections in diamonds, but this stone's cut seems to be top-notch and price is reasonable but the cavity part scares me away.

Should I steer clear or maybe its worth a try?

Would appreciate your feedback,

http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=1209704431

I must mimic DiamondSeeker. It is extremely unlikely that the feather is of any significance in this diamond. The concept of the cavity is hard to accept, although it too is going to be so tiny in a VVS2 that it is not significant and will NOT be seen with the unaided eye.

It comes down to what YOU want. The price is indubitably better for having the cavity as it is going to carry a negative connotation to many buyers. Still, to properly polish the stone down to remove it, will likely lower the size down below 1.00 cts as properly connotates more than just adjusting the one facet, but rather a complete remake of the pavilion to do it properly.

The reality is that both are incredibly small and not significant to the durability of the diamond, but as many here say, it is a Mind Clean issue.

So, What does YOUR mind say?

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results