shape
carat
color
clarity

VS2 Versus SI1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miya

Rough_Rock
Hi

I would like to have some opinions on ''''VS2 versus SI1''''.

If a stone is a Supercert H&A but with colour H and clarity SI1, would that be rated as bad?

Thanks!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
No, that wouldn't be "bad", that would be "gorgeous".

H color is a very respectable "near colorless" body color, and an SI1 clarity should be eyeclean. A SuperbCert H&A cut is likely to be mind blowing.

SI1 is not bad, VS2 is one grade better. Some people say go "VS2 or better", other people say as long as it's eyeclean there's nothing wrong with an "SI" stone.

I'm in agreement with the second camp.

Miya

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rich.

How about the difference between Supercert H&A and AGS0 H&A? Are they the same thing?!?

photogold

Rough_Rock
The superbcert diamonds probably have GIA reports instead of AGS reports. But I believe all of them are the equivelent of AGS0.

JayTee

Rough_Rock
Superbcert is a brand.

AGS is the American Gem Society, which performs diamond certification. Some of the stones they certify fall under the category of H&A, but not all. They do not actually label stones as H&A on their certificates, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results