shape
carat
color
clarity

VS2 borderline SI1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
There are various degrees of VS2, aren't there. One that has lots of tiny feathers on table and a white cloud is borderline of GIA SI1 I was told. It would make the stone cheaper than other VS2, correct?For VS2, one doesn't have to be as picky where the inclusions are, correct?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joe is right - most of the variations you will find in prices are a result of differences in cut quality or diffeent vendors margins.
You could do this for 10 years and then you may begin to understand that you know less about what you thougght you know more about.
garry
PS Find a stone or two that look good and get the dealers to give you the crown and pavilion angle. Enter it into HCA, if it scores well (below 2 or 3) then have it sent direct to an appraiser.

bacon

Rough_Rock
The inclusions in various VS clarity diamonds is not worth the worry. the guys will get you with the cut while you are worried about the wrong thing.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are splitting hairs.
Of course there are borderline calls.
It is the graders overall opinion.
Feather = feather does not equal cloud. You are getting into more detail than you need to.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to know so that I know how much to pay for a VS2 clarity grade, or why would one G/VS2 stone be less expensive than another one with comparable characteristics.When buying stone over internet, I need to know whether to be picky about where and how much VS2 inclusions in a stone since I can't see stone. If inclusions are not visible even w/loupe, then I don't need to be concern. However, if it helps to bring price down buying one that's borderline SI1, then it is useful to know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results