shape
carat
color
clarity

Vrai or Lightbox 1ct Pendant? Layering with DBTY?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have any experience with Vrai / Diamond Foundry diamonds? I'm considering getting a yellow gold 1ct round pendant necklace (to wear as a necklace, not to reset). I am familiar with Lightbox diamonds, but was considering Vrai because it comes in 14K gold (instead of 10K). I'd like to see if my skin can tolerate the 14K gold, if not, I may have to reset the diamond into a slide setting with a 18K gold necklace (that I can use with other slide pendants).

I was thinking of layering the 1ct with this delicate DBTY necklace:

Do you think the 1ct is too big and will it overpower the DBTY necklace? I also considered a 0.5ct pendant, but it seems so small... Or should I look at DBTY with larger ct stones? I liked the delicate nature of this one the best and don't think I want a bezel set DBTY...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I own Vrai and Lightbox. Both are beautiful. I had the tiny diamond station necklace and got tons of compliments. Then I lost it and bought another. It was not as sparkly. I did much better on Etsy. Seller Ferkos fine jewelry. Same necklace with .10 stones instead of .02 almost the same price. I wear my DBTY with a .50 Solitaire.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I own Vrai and Lightbox. Both are beautiful. I had the tiny diamond station necklace and got tons of compliments. Then I lost it and bought another. It was not as sparkly. I did much better on Etsy. Seller Ferkos fine jewelry. Same necklace with .10 stones instead of .02 almost the same price. I wear my DBTY with a .50 Solitaire.

Thanks for your feedback! Were the Vrai and Lightbox diamonds similar in quality? How do they compare? Would you be able to post pictures of your DTBY with 0.50 solitaire?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9AF473F1-1C52-46DD-A58C-452656AAA0A1.jpeg Rough looking early morning photo.:(

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EE6C38B8-0C65-497F-A640-523F711806AA.jpeg The Vrai before I lost it.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@AprilBaby Thanks for sharing the Vrai as well, it's great to compare the two. What size is the pendant in the Vrai photo?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both .50

I don’t own any of these personally so can’t comment, but I like the idea of getting a DBTY necklace with more substantial stones, I find the one you linked too delicate for me, personally.

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
I own a Vrai engagement ring and a .5ct Lightbox necklace.

I think the necklace from LB is a better value for everyday jewelry.

Both have beautifully cut stones of good quality.

But Vrai charges more for their settings, which makes sense as it's solid gold and LB is plated gold / sterling silver.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
@AprilBaby do you have the link to the DBTY necklace? It looks great on you- even in your “rough” picture ☺️

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@AprilBaby How did the yellow gold colors compare between the Lightbox, Vrai, and Ferko's?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one I bought, I love it, it doesn’t tangle with the so,it wire chain. All the yellow gold was 14 kt, the Vrai was a bit thinner. The Lightbox was sturdy and so is the mark Madison . Ferko was actually a curb diamond bracelet With is quite lovely. All are real diamonds Except Lightbox.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I stand corrected about my earlier statement. Vrai has really dropped their prices and I didn’t realize it. I was looking at a 1ct pendant and the price is now 1400. That’s near light box, plus with the 14k settings and variety of shapes, I’m giving them a second look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results