shape
carat
color
clarity

Vote on floor lamp please.

Which contemporary floor lamp should I buy?

Votes: 13 59.1%

Votes: 4 18.2%

Votes: 2 9.1%

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1318332398|3037645 said:
Can't sleep. Love insomnia.

I just realized I didn't post my first choice just referred to it. This was my first choice: http://www.lightinguniverse.com/floor-lamps/kichler-lighting-74130-helene-swing-arm-floor-lamp_g733367.html?linkloc=cataLogProductItemsName

I love that one, too. I like that the arm swings out if you need it.

Actually, I think I'd vote for that one to be my first choice, too. You did post it before, and I'm changing my vote from this morning.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So much help! :wavey: You guys rock.

I think the swing arm, the arc and the sawtooth ended up being my favorites.

And I think that the arc is the winner for several reasons. It works with the room and the pieces in it, has the height I want and it's the one I like the most period and the one I can see owning through several incarnations of decorating-- per Kenny. Plus the cats can't damage it much. heraanderson's comment about the shape of it being very enduring and flexible really helped me see that about it.

I'm not a constant decorator. I don't fuss with rooms forever. I finish a room and live with it for a few years but when I re-do I redo pretty much everything that's not the couch. That's why I don't invest too much in any one piece (except for the sectional). And I want the pieces that are neutral to be ones that I love and would re-use.

I really like the swing arm and think it would be a great piece, but I have very similar lamps in my bedroom and can see myself getting tired of them already.

The sawtooth is beautiful, but the shade is a little too matchy matchy for me with that black ribbon and I really don't feel like shade shopping. I do like it A LOT though. So you never know. I admit that if it just had a plain drum shade it might have been irresistible. My worry about this one is that I wouldn't get as much life out of it as I would the arc.

:) Your insights REALLY help me enough. We have such amazingly helpful and talented and tasteful people here!

I like threads like this too. That's why I post them!

Thank you CF! I love that bowl too. Alas it's out of reach for me.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you've made a decision. How's the sectional? I really like the looks of it.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe|1318370048|3038027 said:
Gypsy|1318332398|3037645 said:
Can't sleep. Love insomnia.

I just realized I didn't post my first choice just referred to it. This was my first choice: http://www.lightinguniverse.com/floor-lamps/kichler-lighting-74130-helene-swing-arm-floor-lamp_g733367.html?linkloc=cataLogProductItemsName

I love that one, too. I like that the arm swings out if you need it.

Actually, I think I'd vote for that one to be my first choice, too. You did post it before, and I'm changing my vote from this morning.

I'm not a fan. It reminds me of lamps that my grandparents had, only in gold color not silver. To me the shape and style just look dated. I'm a fan of your second choice or number three of the original four is my favorite. It brings character into the lamp shade.

eta: guessed I missed seeing page two :cheeky:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1318412661|3038413 said:
I'm glad you've made a decision. How's the sectional? I really like the looks of it.

It's good. It has everything I wanted. And we got a decent price on it. The fabric kicks butt (but I didn't buy it from them). I wanted a tightback L shaped sectional that would fit in most apartments and look 'dressy' but still comfortable. And I wanted a 'transitional' look. Not super traditional and not super modern. It's not THE most comfortable couch I've ever sat on but most of those look rumpled too quickly for my taste. So this one is a good balance between looks and comfort.

:wavey: Thanks Sparkly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results