• Round 1.48ctw 3 stone ring

Votes: 52 89.7%
  • E/W Princess with baguettes 1.16ctw

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sparkle friends! I would like your opinions on which ring you like best as an ER! One is my current ring, and the other is a new one I just got. Lets not weigh in the factor of which one would cost more, etc., and assume the quality is the same. Just pick the one that's more attractive to you. :) Please vote and tell me why. Thanks bunches!

mine2.jpg

sideview2.jpg

newring1.jpg

profile.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The second one is too busy for me. Pave, and east west, plus a radiant with step cuts. It's got too much going on.

The first one is elegant and classic. I don't care for the setting because it's too high. But I like the three stone -- I'd just reset that.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the three stone! I think it looks elegant and classy. The other is too elongated and flat and just doesn't have that wow! factor.

Love the three stone - beautiful diamonds and polished metal - my favorite look!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the three stone.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I love the profile on the second one...but I think I would pick the first one.

but, you should pick the one that makes you the happiest :)

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the beautiful three-stone.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also go three stone. I might like the second one if it were a square princess with bags, but I don't really like the elongated princess set EW with bags....to much for me.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Something about the proportions of the princess w/ baguettes looks off to me. It looks really looong.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Both are pretty but I like the first one better.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont like square stones so I always vote round. In your case I think the stones proportions are off for the setting. LOVE the 3 stone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the 3 stone.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, the results are overwhelmingly one way. Thank you all SO much for your honest opinions, I really appreciate that!
The new one really is very dainty on the hand, it doesn't look so bold as in the pics. The 3 stone does "feel" like it looks bold on me. I would really love the 3 stone best if all the stones were just a tad smaller. :)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the 3 stone as well. It's beautiful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the round 3-stone: setting, stone size - all!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1313804044|2994713 said:
The second one is too busy for me. Pave, and east west, plus a radiant with step cuts. It's got too much going on.

The first one is elegant and classic. I don't care for the setting because it's too high. But I like the three stone -- I'd just reset that.

Yes, what Gypsy said.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Guess I'm the first one to buck the trend! I love the e-w emerald-cut.

The three stone is a perfectly nice ring, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't really look twice at it. The e-w emerald cut is striking and unusual in its proportions, and I actually quite like the pave on the sides as a subtle detail. Lucky you to have both!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the first one as an ering, and the 2nd as a RHR.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the round 3 stone, definitely! I don't care for the second ring at all.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1313806253|2994741 said:

Ditto - goodness, if she likes bling the profile on that second one is lovely! If you're not sure I think the first is the 'safer' choice... if she likes bling and you like the three rounds, you could inquire into adapting the second for RBs?

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1313975173|2996134 said:
Guess I'm the first one to buck the trend! I love the e-w emerald-cut.

The three stone is a perfectly nice ring, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't really look twice at it. The e-w emerald cut is striking and unusual in its proportions, and I actually quite like the pave on the sides as a subtle detail. Lucky you to have both!

Thank you! I do love a classic look, and I think I'll always love the 3 stone RB ring style. I'm very partial to it, but it IS very common. The elongated princess is so "not my usual style", and I think that's what has drawn me to it. I think the fact that it is different gets a lot of looks and compliments from others. I decided to step out of the box a little, just this once..lol.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1313804044|2994713 said:

ditto!!! The 3 stone looks really long to me too and just too much of too many good things going on..

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
It's so fun to hear everyone's opinions, like or dislike. My DH doesn't care for the elongated princess either, but my daughters age 24 and 17 LOVE it. DH says it's "okay"...lol. He says he is used to looking at round diamonds ;-) I do love the center stone IRL. I love looking into it in the sunlight. I like the large table and the flash of it, whereas I'm used to the small tables on my RBs and the "sparkle" rather than "flash", if that makes any sense at all. :)

DonnaH

Rough_Rock
I vote for #2! My vote is for something unique ALWAYS.. I have NEVER seen one like the east-west and have seen many of the three stone variety. I wouldn't kick either one of them out though!!!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you DonnaH! I have always loved three stone rings and looked at hundreds of them. This one just caught my eye since it was so different. It's been fun so far stepping out of the box a little.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47 said:

This is my vote- but I see you are selling your three stone... What do you have now??

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1330364590|3135665 said:
slg47 said:

This is my vote- but I see you are selling your three stone... What do you have now??

I have another 3 stone ring, just a tad smaller! The center is .51ct and the sides are .27ct each. It sits slightly lower. I should already have pics up, I know right? haha As for now, I still have my larger 3 stone and my listing has expired. Not too sure I'll relist. Maybe I'll just keep both 3 stones! As for the enlongated princess, one of my daughters will receive this as a graduation gift!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results