shape
carat
color
clarity

Vote for your ''C'' !

Is a smaller diamond better if better cut?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

• Yes, if the smaller, better cut diamond is at least as white.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I see, everyone on pricescope knows all there is to know about those couple of C''s... But which is the most important to you? I could not decide until present, so I would appreciate your contribution to this democratic exercise in diamond grading:

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Cut

win

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
I think it depends on the individual diamond. The naked eye may not be able to descern the difference between an excellent cut and a very good cut, and therefore, one might prefer the bigger diamond.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm I would choose neither....my choice would depend on what sort of 'smaller' are we talking about. If it's 2.5c instead of 3c...SURE I would choose better cut and sacrifice the extra size. But if it's .65c better cut instead of 1c not as well cut...I may not agree..depending on 'degree' of cut. If it was a very good cut but not excellent, I'd take the bigger stone if the 'bigger' was a LARGE difference.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hm. I can't decide either. Cut is certainly the most important, but if it's the difference between a .5 ideal and a .9 decent but not ideal it would be hard not to choose the .9.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
One can not answer this question w/o quanifying the size difference.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
I voted no because it is not a black/white issue. It all depends on how much better the cut, size differences, color differences, and cost. Basically it depends on the variances of all 5 "C"s. It will depend whether the person values "cut" above all other "C"s and that only "cut" matters.

So the poll can't really assess what "C" is most important because like in life it is all about compromises.

rodent.gif

JC

Shiny_Rock
I feel that "cut" is deffinately the most important factor. However, there is simply not enough information. I would need to know the size of each diamond as well as the exact specifications in order to make a decision. So I would not be able to answer yes or no.

wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results