shape
carat
color
clarity

Vote for the ring! 2nd round!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MPdesign

Rough_Rock
Well,
After all of your help & going to look at the rings in person
I have added the following rings to the fray & deleted the others:
I realized after looking at tension rings in person that they look alot better when there is a "rise" at the stone.

I am going to get samples of these sent in to look at. The store only had #39 in stock (of the below). I did like the #39. I really need some help in slimming these down.

Please make a new Vote on the following! ALL Platinum w/ 1 carat diamond!

second round.jpg

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Have you ever discussed tension settings with your fiancee? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they would not be the first choice of most women.I agree with previous responses that a simple setting would be best
to start.

MPdesign

Rough_Rock
wink2.gif
I agree that may be the case for most; but, I am 100% sure that she wants a tension and that she does NOT want gold.
She will be receiving a tension ring.

That said - what do you think?
12.gif
1.gif
2.gif
1.gif
2.gif
1.gif
2.gif
1.gif
2.gif
1.gif

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
1.gif
You sound like my fiance. Once he saw the tension set rings (and I thought they were kinda nifty) that was it, he has decided my wedding ring will be a tension set ring. Of course, there is a Verragio (sp) that I am sorta in love with too, so we will see what happens!

Anyways, of the ones you have chosen I like #39 best.
1.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
okay then,I vote for 15.Good luck with whatever you choose!

MPdesign

Rough_Rock
I'm a stinker - I know. She & I have a gift that most couples do not have. She & I like the same styles in most everything. I have purchased another ring for her & we both loved it the minute we saw it. I could shop for her at express and pick out clothes for her that she would love. It's really nice - we are lucky. I have been in relationships where I really loved the person; but, really disliked their "style" and taste in things.

I suppose I should also mention that if I gave her a steel ring - she would be ecstatic & in tears. Some girls really care about the stones & the ring. She cares about us and would be VERY happy with a plain band. I just want to give her more.

Yes, I know I will get post after post saying that she really will care later - she just may not say anything about it.

SO... What ring do you like?
love.gif
Up_to_something.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
hmm..i like 6 and 13. good luck!
wavey.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I like #5x.
10.gif

Vynyaca

Rough_Rock

LuLu B

Rough_Rock
I vote for #68 .. two tone .. matches everything. CONGRATS !
appl.gif

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I like 11 & 5.

guslik

Shiny_Rock

#5 or #6
good luck!!
9.gif

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I like 39...when we bought my ring, it was between that one and the one I ended up getting (TR044). I like all of them though, except the one that is not symetrical (13).

Make sure that you price the rings...the B&M store I went to wanted nearly twice as much as I ended up paying online.

james100

Rough_Rock
I vote 5X or 6

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
I went for #6 for my ring, and I really love it. That's all I wear, one ring..

I also had 7 small diamonds randonly placed on one side only, it's looks great.. My stone is 1.25 which makes for a heafty ring. I also tensions from Steven Kretchmer, I thought they just looked better..

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

#6...#13 and #39 (the last 2 almost look the same?)

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
fifteen.
#15.
1.gif
Good luck!

-spencer

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
5x and 6 are SOOOOOO beautiful!

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
I like number 6

homerj

Rough_Rock
They are very nice but if I had to choose I would select number 6.

Homerj

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/22/2003 3
6.gif
4:15 PM MPdesign wrote:

I'm a stinker - I know. She & I have a gift that most couples do not have. She & I like the same styles in most everything.

Hubby & I share the same tastes. He is an architect & I thought he would *love* the tension setting - clean, structural & architortural. When I showed him one in a store, he rebuffed it. I was shocked! He said a diamond should be in prongs. Uh? Bottom line was that an engagement ring should be traditional. I'm still rather surprised as we are any thing *but* traditional. So, my caveat is *be* 100% certain. An engagement ring sometimes doesn't reflect "tastes". Sometimes it reflects what it *should* be.

That said, I like #39; but, it's hard to get buy the fact that it is shown in gold. My first choice is 5x. Clean, moderne & angular - matches the design.

Good luck!

DP

Rough_Rock
number 6 is gorgeous
love.gif
- I do like the bright clean look. Good luck!

rrueppel

Rough_Rock
Whatever you do - do NOT purchase a moissanite stone from AMOISSANITE.COM better know as Leland and Company. I was told that I could purchase a moissanite stone from Leland in the I-J color range or "near colorless". This was a bunch of bull____. The stone I received was more in the "S-T-U" range. It was very yellow. I phoned him immediately and he said "if you don't like it just send it back". So I did. He then sent it back to me and told me that he didn't receive it within the 15 day window (he received it within 20 days) and that I would have to keep the stone. Anyway, I will continue to pursue this until I get a refund. Bottom line, stay away from AMOISSANITE.COM or Leland and COMPANY. Guess I should have checked his (Lelands) background out before I purchased anything from him. It appears that he has had a few run-ins with the law in the past. Not sure at this time what it entails - but none-the-less, it still shows what type of person he is - worthless.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/28/2003 1:31:48 PM MPdesign wrote:

I have decided on the #39 in platinum with 1 carat Diamond
----------------

Me and my big mouth
9.gif
There are two resons why I would be scared to death to wera that ring:
#1: the width of the setting looks smaller than the diameter of the diamon-this exposes the sides of the girdle to all imaginable abuse. That diamond will not have a long life before chipping... if worn.

#2: there are alot of technicalities which make a tension setting safe - the metal has to be submitted to specail treatments which some makers don not procede to do, and the setting should be addjusted to match the width of the stone's girdle very closely. Sintetic stones (CZ, whatever else) have much thicker girdles than your diamond, so settings intended for simmulants will not be appropriate for setting a diamond safely.

All in all: make sure that you have decent insurance on that diamond and that you ask a few questions about the settings (they can be great after all). Oh, and if gold is not an option, why not Ti? At least that metal has appropriate properties for tension setings... unlike untreated gold and plat.

The model of this ring is available in Ti, btw. And I surely love your choice of ring style.

jenny

Rough_Rock
I am totally into 5x but that's because that'sthe one i wanted til we decided it may be a little but unsafe.but i think its beautiful! the simple clean flat lines! love it!

AllThatSparkles

Rough_Rock
definenetly 5X and 6

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results