shape
carat
color
clarity

Void my warranty - should I care?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stags14

Rough_Rock
I have the new ering from WhiteFlash in my hands! (IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!) I was forced to guestimate on size and I am afraid that it will be slightly off. I am thinking she will not prefer to ship it back to WhiteFlash to be resized (it is a 4 prong "tiffany" solitaire in platinum).

My options:

1) Have it resized locally. This appears to void my WhiteFlash warranty. Is this a big concern? If something happens like the diamond falling out due to manufactures defect, or poor setting, WhiteFlash will not cover it. My insurance however will cover that. What concerns do I have about taking it to a local jeweler for resizing (swapping out the stone, causing damage to the stone)??

2) Have it resized by WhiteFlash. This entails shipping it out and waiting for it to come back.

For those that purchased stone and setting online, how do you handle resizing? How do you handle periodic inspections of the prongs, etc???? Do most not care and void their warranty by having a local jeweler perform resizing and maintenance???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t worry about a reputable local jeweler swapping your stone. Just go to somewhere who''s been in business a long time. I''d probalby find a place with and onsite bench jeweler who could size it. As for the warranty, If you had a detailed pave setting or a designer setting I''d definitely say send it back to have anything done. What exactly does the WF warranty cover? You''d have to weigh out the cost of shipping and insurance vs. the cost of having it done locally, as well as the cost of just paying to replace the setting if something happened to it. It would probably all come down the the actual $$ figures and what exactly the WF warranty covers.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
If you do decide to work locally, make absolutely certain that the bench jeweler is knowledgeable to work with platinum. This is important enough that I will say it again. MAKE CERTAIN he can work with PLATINUM. You do not want a nasty surprise.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results