shape
carat
color
clarity

Vivienne or our ten year anniversary baubble from LAD

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Finally here is Vivienne.
Very long story but here is the short version.
I am in love with old cuts, thanks to my MIL who whipped out an OMC out of nowhere for my ering!
Hubs generously offered to get me a ring for our tenth anniversary with no budget! :appl: :love:
I knew I wanted an old stone\cut. Now where would I get one?
Enters a simple google search and Pricescope. Thank you everyone for your posts, advices and directions.
Found a few stones but did not pull the trigger.
Few months pass, no more JbEG. Argh!
Quest is back on.
Few stones but not in super love and the one I loved was gone.
Now we are just a few days from our anniversary. Hubs is not happy, no ring no stone, no nothing...
Erica goes to Vegas and bam! Lands my beauty. She posts her and I put a hold quickly, 6 days before our anniversary! No cert but pics are amazing. Smaller than I first wanted/coveted but, by that time I had my checklist and IT checked almost all my boxes.
Scared because it was called cape and not sure if it would come back as a nice cut. Still loved it at first sight. Saw it in person two days before the anniversary, real hold the next day when hubs saw it. He has no clue about why I really love this one and cannot wait for the certification to be done.

2.335 ct
AGS N VS1 (no idea why because when you look up the report, you have to magnify the image to see the drawing of the 2 extra facets and the rest!, even Erica thought it should have been VVS, louping it with the grading next to us we had trouble finding the imperfections!)
8.44x8.26x5.24 mm
Very large culet ( oh yes baby!)
Symmetry Very good
Polish Excellent
Table 50.6
Depth 62.8
Crown 34.7°
Pavilion 42.7°

Vivienne on the HCA is a dud, scared me because I was going to unset a stone who was much better on the HCA to get the setting. I was double guessing myself , if Vivienne was such a bad performer on HCA but so much prettier than the set stone,were my eyes just crazy?
Erica was ( and still is) extremely patient and reassuring.
I was about to spend a good amount of money for a forever stone, I did not want to make a mistake.
Erica is amazing.
She's like a friend who lets you play and try her treasures in her jewelry box. Ok there is exchange of money at some point but she is not pushy and will do her best to match you with your dream stone, your setting, etc.
Ercica came with a few settings and of course her amazing portfolio of custom work.
She had a Victorian setting set with a much smaller diamond semibezel. I really liked it but not sure if hubs would. He did. Not our style but so gorgeous. Dome ring ( finger coverage hello!) and smooth wearing. Erica sees we liked it and bam! she had the bezel redone and set Vivi in it.
A few mishaps later, she lives hapillyon my RHR.

img_20150101_122629.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great story and a beautiful ring as the end result! Enjoy it for many years to come! :appl:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Vivienne is gorgeous!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Here pics of Vivienne unmounted.

img_3281__14313.jpg

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
Wow. I love the facet pattern of your diamond. It's beautiful. And looks stunning in the setting you chose. Congrats!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous diamond and setting!!! Congratulations!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The facet pattern is truly beautiful and the setting is as well!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only have one word to share regarding Vivienne.

GORGEOUS! :love: :love: :love:

Phanie, congratulations on this amazing diamond and setting and happy anniversary!!!
And please post many more pics. She is gorgeous and her setting is too. Really amazing and we need more pics pretty please. :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and setting - you can't put old cuts into the HCA it doesn't work that way it is geared up for RBs and modern cut stones not old cuts. You should instead judge them with your eyes and yours is a beauty!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone and ring!!! :love: Erica really does a great job helping people find exactly what they love! I think we need a LOT more pictures and especially some close up shots!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow! well done!

Enjoy!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Just so beautiful!!! Love everything about your amazing anniversary ring! :love: :love: :love:

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Lucky you - love the stone and setting :love:

Kroshka

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So happy you love her, Phanie!

And I love the way you talk about your diamond like it's a person. Because old cut diamonds really are like people - each with its own personality and vibe. No two OEC's are alike, and I really do believe that the diamond chooses you. I see that happen all the time, and saw it happen with you that day. Reports and calculators and angles are all fine and good, but with antique diamonds, they won't tell you what your eyes and heart will love most. I can't tell you how many times I've met with people and they come to me completely decided about what they want, based on photos and research, then fall in love with something different than they expected.

The other day I met with a couple who are considering all options, including precision cut OEC repro stones, and yet they somehow fell in love with an OMC ring I showed them. It really threw them for a loop and was fun to be part of. :)

Enjoy your beautiful ring!

jschwick1

Rough_Rock
So stunning!! I love the old diamonds and antique settings! It is just amazing!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's absolutely stunning! What a great gift! Happy anniversary.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy smokes that is a gorgeous ring! :wavey:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous facet pattern and love the warmth of Vivienne!! Congratulations on your anniversary [emoji7] [emoji7]

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both the stone and the setting are gorgeous and I love the story of how you came to have her. Happy Anniversary!!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! She is a beauty!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone and romantic setting! Happy Anniversary!

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much. Such nice compliments coming from my favorite and PS celebrities members is just great.
Vivienne is currently getting a little work done and I miss her dearly.
So more pics but old and not really good.

_27798.jpg

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Profile sort of!

img_20141228_2.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness Phanie, it's absolutely stunning! I love everything about it :love: congratulations!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phanie, I love the additional pics of Vivi. She is so beautiful. :love: Thank you for sharing her with us.

_27807.jpg

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Trying to give you more pics

_27832.jpg

_27833.jpg

_27834.jpg

_27835.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The facet pattern is mesmerizing.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
:confused: Thank you so much everybody.
For a long time, I thought I was a bit nuts to love this diamond so much despite its color. You know N not everyone will find it OK.
It faces really white at times, it has that dreamy creamy tint to it. Swoon.
I am head over heels for it. The facets are stunning. My flower pattern is just so amazing. The symmetry is as close to perfect as an antique stone could be, and the culet is just exactly what I like.
I know this stone is a forever stone, that does not mean it cannot have siblings! :D :D :D :D :D
I got amazingly lucky to be able to get it.
To top it all it was perfect for my budget, not too much, it was under what hubs was ready to spend ( remember He said no budget but still I did not have $100,000!!!!!) ; I did not have to convince the hubs about it. He was just as long as I love it, go for it.
Also my hubs was concerned about the stone being too big but 8.4mm is totally perfect big enough to be waou and not too big that I feel comfy wearing it all the time.
The "too big" argument was quite funny because when we tried the setting , it is a very substantial one, finger coverage Batman! I was the one a bit hesitant but hubs said it made it not that " in your face" as a solitaire I tried. It is all perception!!!!!
Let's hope that it prevents DDS.
Because I will never be able to find a 9+mm stone that would again tick all my boxes on my list for an affordable price! Hubs would not understand DDS either. :confused: :confused:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone & beautiful setting. Its perfect!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
That facet pattern is gorgeous. Congrats on your 10 year!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results