shape
carat
color
clarity

vivid yellow vs larger intense yellow Asscher cut

reallyanewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am looking to get a 2.3 ct asscher "vivid yellow" vs a 4.6 ct asscher "intense yellow".

The 4.6 is SI1, polish/sym VG G table 55 depth 71.9
The 2.3 is VS1 VG G table 57 depth 69.9

Price is the same , should I go for larger size at cost of color ? I have read how asschers can look small and am afraid 2.3 will not
look right. Also concerned about the SI1 on the 4.6. Some say that an asscher cut will already enhance the color, so why pay for "vivid"

Thank You

S

SparkliesLuver

Do you have any pictures of the stones in question? If you're worried about someone buying them, you can always ask the vendor to hold them for you while you decide (and post them here).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link came up to the generic BN front page for me. I presume this is a coloured diamond? Numbers are no good when it comes to coloured stones. You'll need pictures to assess the evenness of colour, the cut quality and etc.

reallyanewbie

Rough_Rock
Ok, sorry for the bad link, Something must b blocking it.
It is a yellow diamond. I understand what u r saying on picture, hence some of the complaints that bn does not providing proper pictures. But even more impt on large colored diamond. Do u think bn is not best source for colored diamonds ? Looking to spend 50- 100k. On white high quality round ideal, my exp w/ bn has been very good.

Thanks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

reallyanewbie

Rough_Rock
Ok, now I know what a good picture can show.
A bit bummed the 2.36 dissappeard. I know its not what I should do, but I though high price from rep source would protect me a bit + 30 day return policy.
Just not too many ascherrs in yellow. Appreciate yr cking and advice.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
You might try checking James Allen too. :wavey:

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
You need to see photos and (videos if you can) of colored diamonds. Can't make ANY decisions based on numbers alone. One if not both stones you were looking at might have a lot of dead spots for all we know. I wouldn't search for colored diamonds on BN. Unless they're willing to call in the stones for you and take photos and videos for you.

This might be in your budget. Feel free to inquire with them. I love this one!
http://www.fancycolordiamond.net/search/fancy_colored_diamond_details.cfm?id=6310

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
The colour diamonds on Blue Nile are all stock photos, they are the exact same diamond for each cut and just photoshopped to different colours. Yes try calling Leibish.

reallyanewbie

Rough_Rock
ace,

Thanks for the link. It is very nice. I Plan to go in and take a look at the dealer.
There is a second one, slightly larger that is IF and supposedly a better yellow color.
Price is 50% more. Seller says , the visual when placed side to side is noticeable.
The IF no doubt looks to attract the investor/collector vs casual wearer. My head says ,for my purpose I should
def not go for IF. Cert on IF is also dated 2011, so this baby has been sitting around.

reallyanewbie

Rough_Rock
is relatively square emerald cut = asscher cut ? , the picture looks like asscher cut but is called emerald cut.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the IF one?

http://www.fancycolordiamond.net/search/fancy_colored_diamond_details.cfm?id=6145

I like the patterns better on the other one. I'm a bang-for-the-buck kind of person myself. Tell us how it goes comparing the 2 stones. Mind sharing what the prices are for the 2 stones?

GIA calls Emerald Cut with L/W ratio 1.00 - 1.03 a Square Emerald Cut (Asscher). Anything more than that they call it Emerald Cut. That first stone I linked is almost square not quite at 1.09. But it does look a bit like a long asscher doesn't it? :)

reallyanewbie

Rough_Rock
yes, slightly long ascherr. Going next week to see. Asking 55k for the vvs, and 85k for the IF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results