shape
carat
color
clarity

visual impact of E and F color diamonds side by side

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

terry

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Been reading the posts and see there is considerable expertise in every area of diamonds on this forum. I would like you opinions on the following:
I am designing a ring for my girlfriend. It is a three stone setting. Based on what I''ve read here, I am going for ideal cuts, with good HCA scores. The question I have is regarding color. I am planning to use E/VVS diamonds for the side stones. The setting will have two small blue diamonds mounted between the center and each of the side stones. Will there be any visual impact to using F color stone in the center, or are the color differences between these colorless stones so marginal that it will be difficult to tell? Should I go will E color for all three? I welcome your comments.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Terry and welcome!
9.gif

The difference between E & F is pretty negligible... I would get an F any day to save some bucks or get a better clarity or cut... You won't see the difference!
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Using an F color center will look very colorless. You could likely use F or even G color sides and see not detrimental effect with the F center being the main stone of reference.

Be careful with choosing the blue stones as they sometimes have a greenish/blue cast to them and will make other nearby stones look a little off colored.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results