shape
carat
color
clarity

Visible size difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Hi all! I haven''t been on in a long time... Question- we''re considering upgrading my stone, and I''m trying to decide if the size difference will be worth the money. I have a .55 A Cut Above H SI1, 5.36-5.38 mm, in a half-bezel setting. The stones we''re looking at would be the same type of cut, between .7 and .75- I don''t want a larger stone than that. We''re looking at spending 3K or less, main reason to consider upgrading is the color- I think I''m more sensitive than most, as I can definitely see warmth in my stone in most light; it''s not yellow at all but I''d prefer a more icy look. I''d be keeping my stone for sentimental reasons, so no trade-in savings. My question is, will I even be able to see the difference of around .35 mm, and would that difference be big enough to spend 3K? I''m in Japan so I don''t have access to a lot of stones in person. Diamonds off-base tend to be small and very expensive (most stores only carry between .25 - .4-ish), and the stones at our base exchange bring new meaning to the term "frozen spit" so looking at them for comparison isn''t really helping.
20.gif
Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There would be a visable difference, just not huge. I''ll post a pic of some ACA''s WF gave me for size comparison, maybe it will help.

ACA size comp.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
ask whiteflash to do a photo comparison of the two stones - one being a stone of the same diameter as yours... one being the diameter you''re considering. I think the jump between .5 and .7 is pretty big at that size, but being so far away I''d want confirmation... ask for a pic then in your photo viewer minimize it to a realistic size and make your choice! :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great stuff El !
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Arcam

Rough_Rock
those photos above magnify the difference in size, you need to realize some of these pictures are 5x, 10x, or even 40x magnification. In reality it might not be as big a difference as the pictures show.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results