shape
carat
color
clarity

Virgin needs help for

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rawhide

Rough_Rock
My "special one" would like a diamond matching one that she found in a magazine advertisement. I would imagine my first step is to purchase an uncut stone and then proceed to have it cut, etc.

If that is the case could someone direct me to a source for "uncut" diamonds or If that isn''t the case, please express your opinons and suggestions.

At this stage, my compass is spinning and I don''t know which way to turn.
17.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Why wouldn''t you just shop for a diamond already cut?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
What shape was it, because there are MANY differently cut diamonds, so I don''t think you would need to start off with an uncut stone...

*M*

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/25/2006 9:56:26 PM
Author:Rawhide
My ''special one'' would like a diamond matching one that she found in a magazine advertisement. I would imagine my first step is to purchase an uncut stone and then proceed to have it cut, etc.

If that is the case could someone direct me to a source for ''uncut'' diamonds or If that isn''t the case, please express your opinons and suggestions.

At this stage, my compass is spinning and I don''t know which way to turn.
17.gif
Nope, not the way you want to go. Find out what shape she wants, and then we can go from there. Any idea of what magazine it was?? Which designer, etc.. Also what is your budget???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
do a search here on diamond rough or uncut diamonds, i''ll think you''ll find it''s much easier and more economical to just buy though an online vender. If you can give us the details of the setting she saw, designer, shape etc. the folks here will be able to help you find it.

Rawhide

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the timely responses......

After pulling out a magnifying glass and attempting to read the scratched and faded magazine
clipping, I think I have made out the word "Quad" inside the band of the ring.
I would imagine that means Quadrillion??

So now I would imagine a search for a loose Quadrillion diamond would be in order.
Is it wise to use the internet and is the pricing any better or should I stick to more of a
hands-on approach and go local. Of course, if there are any experienced shoppers that
can point me in a safe and reliable direction that would be helpful also.

Again thanks for all the quick responses.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Is this the shape you are looking for?

http://www.diamondsourceva.com/Education/Shape/diamonds-shape-quadrillion.asp

Because if so, there are also princess cut diamonds that are square like this. I personally haven''t heard of quadrillion, although I am sure many of the knowledgeable PSers around here have. To start looking, either online or local jewelers works, although I think you will find, and many here will agree, that online prices for diamonds are usually a better price for your buck. Many maul stores do just that... maul you with the price, although local independent jewelers are sometimes better. From personal experience, I would suggest not going to the mall to get your stone because they DO mark up the price a LOT.

For online vendors, many here have used whiteflash.com, and goodoldgold.com. There are others, but those are the two off the top of my head. So if you just do a search of princess cuts you can start to narrow your search. Hope this helps a little, and that more knowledgeable diamond lovers chime in soon!

*M*

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take a look at www.whiteflash.com Their X factor princess cut will rival the Quadrillion, and then some.
2.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the event you would like to see a Quadrillion, I would start by calling jewelers to see if they even have any. When I first started my upgrade journey, I was looking at all types of fancies, and found that almost all jewelers I tried had a woeful selection, and these were the more popular shapes. It could prove hard to find one on hand, might have to have one called in.

Just by looking at the link poptart provided, I agree with everyone that the X factor could prove to be a great substitute. I''m going to post some pics of a ring with the X factor in it that a poster recently got, the first one we''ve seen here. Might give you a little idea of what they look like in real life.

Good luck!

completed%20ring.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results