shape
carat
color
clarity

Violet stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m considering buying this 10x8 mm rhodolite and mounting it in the simplest, thinnest, white-gold setting. Thoughts?

Lady Lulu

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
That color is amazing. I like it....I like it a lot!

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/21/2007 11:52:42 AM
Author:Harriet
I''m considering buying this 10x8 mm rhodolite and mounting it in the simplest, thinnest, white-gold setting. Thoughts?
The setting you have in mind will make the stone stand out more, especially if the mounting has "thin" lines like you suggest. I think the color of rhodolite will also provide more contrast being set in white gold vs. yellow. The outcome should be elegant..Keep us updated..
21.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks perfect!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think so too.
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Harriet I LOVE that. It will be beautiful. Are you going to have Leon do it???

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No -- Leon's price will be 6x the price of the stone itself! I'm thinking of having Leon reset my e-ring.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good idea. I would LOVE to have a Leon some day. Just have to save my pennies.
21.gif

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
So you don''t think it makes sense to spend so much more on a setting and the stone?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
To be honest, I wouldn''t, but that is up to you. It is just my 2 cents. I would wait until I find the stone of my dreams then spend the money on the setting. Again that is entirely up to you.

Linda

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
That''s going to look gorgeous, Harriet! Have you given up on your tsavorite? I couldn''t help but imagining a nice green in that setting...
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I still want a tsavorite. But they are so darn expensive.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Love it, Harriet - the stone and setting!!! This will be a very FUN ring to wear!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
But not to work!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/21/2007 2:50:49 PM
Author: Harriet
But not to work!

Seriously, Harriet - I think you need to "raise the bar" at work!!!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No way, not in my profession.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm about to close on this stone. Has anyone seen a simple pre-made setting that would work? The stone is 10 x 8 mm.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2007 2:54:15 PM
No way, not in my profession.

LOL.

Yeah. Not a good way to get noticed at all, eh?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
A big violet ring? No way. I recently saw a female partner staring at my e-ring. Oops.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, Harriet! I love the cut! And I would only use Leon for expensive colored stones. I''m sure you can find something that will work for a decent price.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. Can you help me find a pre-made setting?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2007 10:05:21 PM
A big violet ring? No way. I recently saw a female partner staring at my e-ring. Oops.

The stone is very cool-I love the color! I think a simple setting like the one you linked to will look beautiful. I don''t know of a good vendor for one, though...sorry! Have you thought about using Engagment Rings Direct since they''re in NY, too? I know they do custom stuff.

And a little off topic, but I''m curious: why do your superiors seem to not like you having your big ol'' diamond ring? You''re a lawyer, right? Is it just because you''re not a partner yet? I''m always interested in office politics. (I guess it''s because I work in a very casual, unconventional place.)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I''ll check out ERD.
It''s not that my superiors don''t like my big ring. It''s that I don''t want to give the impression of flashiness. I work in a highly conservative field. Gypsy, chime in?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
And still more projects come Harriet! You go girl and are perfect pricescoper fom me to drool at and admire your bling
36.gif
I love this stone but am thinking its not something you would wear every day right?
I ''m sure WF could make something similar in whitegold.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that setting you posted with thin band and claw prongs. The only things I''ve seen similar have been custom work, such as the fellow "platinumsmith", so suspect to get something akin to it even though it looks relatively simple, may need to have it made for your stone (but that won''t necessarily be tons of money). Maybe do a search on claw prongs and see what comes up? If you do find a stock setting like that, let me know! (I have a large aqua that needs a home).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katebar,
9.gif

Part Gypsy,
Will do.

I'm actually in no hurry to set this stone. I plan to collect pretty gems and this is the first one!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Closed the transaction.
36.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

Gorgeous stone!!
30.gif

So you'd like a very simple setting in white gold similar to the Leon you posted above?

I'll check it out for you. I recently got a quote from deFred (the place where I got my dangling earrings) for my upgraded e-ring in a simple WG setting and I think it is somewhere in the region of SD1,000 (or was it SD1,300?). I'll check again.

The Carat Club in Emerald Hill may also do to the setting for you. I am going over there today to talk to them about making a setting the same or similar to Lynn B's. I'll ask them abt yrs also.

(Irina, i am not sure abt posting names of my local B&M stores here. If it is against Forum rules, pls remove. Thx).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. While you''re at Emerald Hill, have some bak kwa for me.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results