Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Violet Sapphire Engagement Ring

BestLife85

Rough_Rock
I have lurked for a long time and have used so much information on these forums, it only feels fair that I give back to the community a little bit. I’m engaged now, so I can share pics of my 2.7 ct violet sapphire. The stone was purchased from Gary at Finewater Gems, the setting is a Victor Canera design. I guess Victor doesn’t usually doesn’t allow people to source their own stones for this particular setting but he made an exception for us (maybe because diamonds weren’t a consideration for us and he sells his special antique cut diamond or something for this setting normally). I am sooooo grateful for his lenience because it was my favorite design by far and I am so happy every day. Finger size 6. I think it looks smaller in real life, but in a good way because I don’t want it to be so huge it makes people uncomfortable. Both Gary and Victor were wonderful to work with. The stone is a little darker than Gary’s photos which I didn’t bother to save, but it is cut well and I love it. Sometimes it is a little dark if there is no light, but that’s how gems work I think. I don’t really see that half darkness in the stone but sometimes I see darkness in a pattern of three triangles which I don’t mind. None of these photos are in ideal light. I will try to take better photos. It is purple in some lights and blue in others. Under a UV light it turns bright red. I think it’s a manganese based purple sapphire (no iron). I gotta take some pics of the sides too— will try to update later. It is so hard to take good pictures.

3F0EB1BA-5C1F-4870-A3BE-4C20AB4145BA.jpeg 478ECB0A-293D-456E-A453-ED2A85B5F28A.jpeg F59988CD-9173-4DD6-B10C-36D7F9BA4EB4.jpeg 503A1BFD-ED54-4139-ADDD-38DEFE5AB3F9.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:
Congratulations on your engagement and what a show stopper of a ring.
The sapphire is uniquely beautiful and of course any VC setting is to die for.
Wear it with much love, joy and pride.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! That is a beautiful, beautiful sapphire and ring. Gary at Finewater Gems really has some of the best sapphires. :kiss2: Concerning the fluorescence, I believe that color change blue/purple sapphires contain vanadium, which can make them fluoresce. I would guess vanadium instead of manganese.

AmethystHope

Rough_Rock
Wow! :kiss2: Congratulations! It looks perfect on your hand.
That colour of purple is all sorts of beautiful. And the VC setting is the perfect home for it.
All the best to you two for a wonderful future together. =)2

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement. You ring is seriously gorgeous. VC does amazing work and that setting, in particular, is one of my favorites. :kiss2: I love that you guys went with a less traditional engagement stone...a purple sapphire. It’s gorgeous! It really pops on your hand and I bet you’ll get a million compliments in real life. :love:

More pics please. :D

Acinom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!! Your ring is stunning and looks gorgeous on your hand. I love that you have chosen a colored stone for your engagement ring. Very elegant choice. Would love to see profile pics

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awe, congratulations on your engagement! Such a wonderful and unique ring. I love the sapphire color, and think it’s a very elegant choice as an earring. :razz:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic ring! Love this setting with a sapphire! Congrats on your engagement!

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

scouty

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Such a unique setting that looks beautiful on your hand!

Last edited:

TheGarnetGirl

Brilliant_Rock
My brain just screamed "Yes honey, Yes!!!" After reading your story and seeing that ring.

Pricescope- The only place where even our lurkers have great taste. :P2:roll2:

Enjoy the heck out of that beauty!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Wishing you much happiness!

Beautiful ring and uniquely made just for you! So perfect!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woo Hoo! That is a truly special ring - congratulations on your engagement!!! Wear it in good health :love:

Catmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! Gorgeous stone and gorgeous setting which together make a stunning ring!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful :love:. Congrats on your engagement and gorgeous ring!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.